Denver, Colorado

SENIOR CITIZENS BEWARE -

DIRECTV will charge & pull from your checking account without notice for anything they choose to do and you will not have any recourse.

My mother is 78 on a fixed income and Directv withdrew $420 from her account and created a <-> balance this morning. She NOW can't pay her bills. She had DTV service for just 7 days and could not operate the remote or the service and cancelled.

I know DTV has all the legal authority to charge but $420 for 8 day's of service, really? The sales reps (3 of them) applied confusing and high pressure tactics taking advantage of a Sr. citizen with promises and caveats. I also know your company records everything. I'm not asking for reimbursement because of legal reasons but because of humanitarian reasons or just doing the right thing for my mother as you would also want for your mother or grandmother.

I spoke with Tamara, Scott, James, Arnold, Mary and Jose all with C.S. but little or no authority. It's sad when a customer is told you can't speak to anyone higher than me!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Directv Cons: Customer service.

Comments

bobs2015

You should be involved in your mother's finances now, at her age. Never, ever allow some company to take payments direct from your bank account.

Same goes for using a debit card.

On recurring, monthly services, always have them send a statement monthly and then pay by check.