Verified Reviewer

Update by user Dec 09, 2020

Since my last writing, I initiated service with Dish Network and called Directv to cancel my existing service. Well, Directv made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I accepted it and canceled my order with Dish Network.Directv made an appointment to come to my home and upgrade my equipment (including my RV) AND greatly reduce my monthly subscription charge for the next year!

Didrectv was scheduled to arrive at my home between 4p.m. and 8p.m. on November 28th. I had other plans for that Saturday, so I canceled them to accommodate Directv.

At 7:06 p.m. Directv called and said the appointment was canceled, then asking when I would like to reschedule.

I flatly told them "NO" then called Directv, put on hold and then hung up on.I called them back and their recording stated they were closed! I called Sunday morning and canceled Directv, then called Dish Network and rescinded my original cancellation and was offered an incentive "deal" that was by far over and above the deal Directv offered.As of this writing I am awaiting the technician from Dish to arrive.Apparently AT&T was not prepared to take on the business of Directv but did it anyway.

Update by user Nov 07, 2020

I have attempted to contact DIRECTV several times by messaging, once on the phone and once on pissedconsumer.com

Original review posted by user Nov 07, 2020

I received an onscreen notification that my "current equipment is no longer supported" "we have an upgrade for you with some of our latest features at NO ADDITIONAL COST".

After calling 877-494-**** on 11/3/2020 @ 2:20 p.m. CST to "ask for your upgrade today" I was told that I would be charged $199 to receive my upgrade.

The current D12 receiver is located in my motorhome, is used occasionally and it is not necessarily mandatory that I have HD reception.

I want ATT/DIRECTV to honor the onscreen notification as stated.As of 11/7/2020 I have had absolutely no response from DIRECTV.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv D12-100 Receiver Software Upgrade.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

DIRECTV Pros: Service is reliable, If weather permits.

DIRECTV Cons: Lacks customer service and does not honor notifications.

Comments