Gainesville, Florida
Coverage Area
Style and Design

My husband and I recently received an offer in the mail - switch to Directv and AT&T wireless and get a $200 gift card for switching to Directv.

We decided to check it out, so we went to AT&T and decided to do it. We spent two hours in the store and by the time it came down to it, we forgot to mention the gift card because we were working through the details of the AT&T switch.

A couple of days later I called Directv and explained that we had this flyer, but we signed up through AT&T, she said it didn't matter as they were the same company and our card would arrive the week of June 12-17.

On June 23 after not receiving the card I chatted with Wilfred. I expressed my frustration as he gave me a different phone number to call (every time its a different phone number by the way). I told him I was going to contact the BBB and he said he would expedite this. I plainly asked when can I expect the card in my hand and he said (in writing) 3 business days. Today is business day number 4, no card.

I received a phone call from an account manager about this, but missed it. When I called back, they acted like they had no idea why I was calling. I was then placed on hold for 15 minutes and transferred to a very rude account manager. She stated that because we signed up through AT&T we were not getting any gift cards. I told her the first rep already told me that didn't matter, I have it in writing from another rep that we are qualified - she said "no, were not sending you anything" - I asked about AT&T and Directv being one in the same and she said "yes, we are the same, but you signed up at AT&T so we are not sending you a card".

I have a flyer at home and we meet all the requirements - package level, AT&T wireless, and are new customers.

This has been a really horrible experience for a new customer.

I cannot find any VALID email addresses for the CEO or executive team. I filed a complaint with the BBB and am sending a typed letter to the office of the president asking that we be allowed to cancel without penalty fees as we have been blatantly lied to.

DO NOT SWITCH TO DIRECTV.

We had Dish for three years and while it was more expensive, I only had to call them one time in those three years.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Gift Card.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Directv Cons: Customer service, Bait and switch, Lies.

• Misleading policy