Phoenix, Arizona
3.7

I noticed on my 2nd bill after signing up for $50 a month that it had increased to $57.99. As I examined my bill I noticed that I had been charged for equipment insurance, something I didn't want or select when signing up.

I chatted with an agent and cancelled it and was credited the fee. I signed back in a few days later to pay my bill and noticed a $13.00 charge which broke down into $3 for adjusted protection coverage and $10 for cancelling the protection plan!

Yup, not very happy and the new customer service agent is "doing everything that is in my hands" to fix the situation. It is a SCAM in the best way possible.

Add a service you don't need/want and then charge you for cancelling it. Stay away from DirectTv

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Package.

Reason of review: False charges.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

DirecTV charges extra for each TV. They give me one for free, what they do is charge me for it then give me a credit for it but they still charge me tax on that why am I getting taxed for something that's free?

The same thing happened to me! A tech had come over to try to finish installation and asked if I wanted protection plan.

I said no. He asked me to sign his tablet to let his boss know he had told me about it.

I actually signed up for it. Will not be paing.

h.kitchener

Interesting. They and others do this hoping people will just pay the bill without looking at it or, better yet have it paid via automatic payment. Nice to see someone actually pay attention to their bills.