1.6
Coverage Area

Charging more than original move-in special agreed to in November 2016. Spoke with customer service multiple times (a lot of hours).

In January after being transferred multiple times, I spoke with a Supervisor, who assured me that our bill would reflect our original agreement. Thankfully I had taken screen shots of the original service agreement with the billing information. Finally, he agreed that the information that I gave him was what we originally agreed upon. Last month and this month the bill (both differing amounts) do not reflect the lesser amount we agreed upon.

I spoke today with Supervisor, Ally (#216067), who said that our package price had gone up (was supposed to last a year). I explained that I had taken snapshot pics of my service agreement. That they need to honor our original agreement. Line item(s) that I said are not being honored, she denied (see pics).

She shined on my original agreement and said that it had changed. I asked her to let me speak with previous supervisor from January, which is not possible according to her. She basically said this is what I owe and that there's nothing more she could do. After asking to speak to her manager, she stated that she's the top of the line for customers.

I did go back into my DirecTV account, and that original service agreement is now missing.

This company needs to be held accountable. Very frustrating spending so much time on the phone to correct their errors.

Review about: Directv Choice Tv Package.

I didn't like: Charges, Did not honor their original service agreement, Customer service is horrible, Waiting on hold for their mistakes.

Comments

Jaycee2010
Ukiah, California, United States #1306559

This is typical behavior with Direct TV, they agreed on a special package with me to give me movies and agreed on a price, she told me there would be an early termination fee if I removed the movie package. I told her that as long as the price stays at the amount she stated then I have no problem staying with them until my agreement ends in 8 months.

She told me that this price was locked in for 12 months, I said no problem then. I got that price for one month and then they bumped it up by just over $20. Nobody was prepared to honor the price they gave me and told me that if I remove the movie package they would bill me for early termination, at which point I told them to collect their equipment, I am done being lied to and cheated.

I returned the equipment and was then billed $430 for early termination and for none return of their equipment. I got no response from my letter to their corporate HQ, they are a terrible company to deal with, they lie to customers to get them on higher paying packages and then bump the prices up and charge the customer if they terminate the contract, a verbal contract is just as law abiding as a written one when there is a meeting of the minds, we both understood what the offer was and what the price was and it was locked in for 12 months, not one month, do not sign up with Direct TV, you will be sorry if you do.