Minneapolis, Minnesota
2.1
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I am extremely unhappy with Directv's billing inconsistencies. In 2/16, I worked with Directv rep.

David in Phoenix, ID#3196940, to renew my contract with directv. I was very unhappy that my bill was continuously going up with no explanation. In David's notes for my account, it verifies that we agreed upon a fixed monthly rate of $130.99 for 2/16 through 7/16. I later added the protection plan for $7.99 per month, bringing the new total to $138.98.

In 3/16 I was charged $152.86 ($13.88 higher than our agreed rate). In 5/16 I was charged $147.52 ($8.54 over our agreed rate), and in 6/16 my bill was $158.21 ($19.23 over our agreed rate). I called to complain about these excessive charges in June and when the rep. could not satisfy my concern, I said I wanted to escalate the issue.

I got a call back/voice message from a woman named Jasmine who spoke in such a fast, muffled voice that neither my wife nor I could understand her call back number. I tried to then send this complaint to directv via email and the email address they provided was invalid. I then mailed the text of that message to directv's customer service department and, after 2 weeks, I have still not heard from anybody at directv. This is totally unacceptable and unprofessional.

I am now telling everybody I know about this abysmal treatment I'm receiving from directv.

I plan to start a credit card dispute on these excessive charges if I do not hear back from directv. I will also cancel my directv service as soon as the contract period expires.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

• Directv Billing Practices