Ewa Beach, Hawaii

Direct TV is threatening to drop FX and various stations which I have been paying for and is a part of my contract package.

If Direct TV drops FX than I will drop Direct TV for Breach of Contract and

will look into a class action lawsuit against them.

Direct TV has blatantly decided to do this and without notifying it's customers.

I pay aproximatley $200.00 per month which they force you to pay by them taking the payment directly from your checking account when they want your money.

I pay for certain services Direct TV is obligated to provide so they should show some loyalty to their customers and provide what we pay for!

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Package.

Comments

Directv cannot drop them. The affiliates are who decide if they are going to remove the channels.

Furthermore it isnt a breach when its in your contract that they can make programming changes when ever they like without notice. You also are notified prior to the channel dropping.

Directv may not be in breach of contract but they are definitely lacking in the customer service department. They are using their customers as leverage in their negotiations.

That would leave a foul taste in most peoples mouth. One thing directv and companies like them need to realize is the Internet is providing a more affordable variety of tv watching options all the time.

Vote with your feet people! You have options!

Regardless, you still have the right to cancel your service without paying out the remainder of the contract. You only have to pay your current fees & a disconnect fee.

Any change in your contract is considered to be a breach of contract, even if it is in writing.

Please, refer to Sec 1 Para d "You always have the right to cancel your Service, in whole or in part, if you do not accept the change (see Section 5)." You are subject to the $10 discontect fee and current charges. The sad thing is that the channels that were removed are the main channels that most families watch.

IM DOING THIS IN ALL CAPITALS. READ SLOWLY SO YOU UNDERSTAND.

GO RE READ YOUR CUSTOMER AGREEMENT WHICH CLEARLY STATES THAT THEY ARE ALLOWED TO REMOVE CHANNELS AT ANYTIME.

PS USE COMMON SENSE AND REALIZE THAT THE CHANNELS WILL COME BACK ON, BOTH COMPANIES WANT TO MAKE MONEY. DUH.

You must be the ***, just lay down and let them do what they want cause obviously you aren't paying the bills.

I've been with direct tv since they started if they get rid of fx some of those are my local stations.No more football,baseball or local news shame on you another loyal coustomer lost

I, too, will be changing providers. Not only is Direct TV dropping programs that I watch, they refuse to carry the Longhorn Network.

I will be getting another provider who offers more channels at a lower price. I have been a Direct TV customer for over 15 years.

Went with them because we live in a rural area and had no other option. Now we do.

Read the whole thing : "(d) Our Programming Changes. Many factors affect the availability, cost and quality of programming and may influence the decision to raise prices and the amount of any increase.

These include, among others, programming and other costs, consumer demand, market and shareholder expectations, and changing business conditions. Accordingly, we must reserve the unrestricted right to change, rearrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, and any other Service we offer, at any time. We will endeavor to notify you of any change that is within our reasonable control and its effective date. In most cases this notice will be about one month in advance.

You always have the right to cancel your Service, in whole or in part, if you do not accept the change (see Section 5). If you cancel your Service, a deactivation fee (described in Sections 2 & 5(b)) or other charges may apply.

Credits, if any, to your account will be posted as described in Section 5. If you do not cancel, your continued receipt of our Service will constitute acceptance."

@sessa Keep reading that AGREEMENT there big guy. Sec 1 Para d "You always have the right to cancel your Service, in whole or in part, if you do not accept the change (see Section 5)." You are subject to the $10 discontect fee and current charges.

Are all you people whining about this issue idiots? Service providers have contract disputes with tv companies on a regular basis!

Every few yrs Comcast, Direct Tv, Time Warner cable has some contract dispute going on which causes the stations to run ominous messages on the screen. After much huffing and puffing by both parties, these disputes are almost always resolved! Plus, breach of contract?!? Seriously people, READ YOUR AGREEMENTS!

You will find that Direct Tv clearly states that pricing and programming may change at any time. CALM THE *** DOWN!!!!