1.3K views
5.0
Coverage Area

I too have been having problems with Pandora on Directv. The songs do not play to their end.

They abruptly stop in the middle or just past that point. Very frustrating. I emailed Pandora but discovered the issue is on Directv's end. Called them and was told that they are aware of it and working to fix it.

Stated that they didn't want it to become like Facebook and YouTube. Where their updates makes it no longer compatible for Directv to offer these apps.

I like having my Directv but wonder why in this day of technology they can't figure out how to find the compatibilities. They reassured me they are trying to fix it but they don't know when or even if it will happen.

I liked: Recording capability, Very professional customer service.

I didn't like: Dvr issues.

Comments

This has occurred previously almost 2 years ago due to an outdated receiver.... No Pandora audio now for 6 weeks & counting...

I called DirecTV after resetting my main receiver. The DirecTV tech reset my receiver again.

After her reset, the app seems to be working successfully in that I can choose a station and get sound right away. I haven't gotten to the end of a song yet so I don't know if the original problem (no sound after song completes) will return.

The screensaver for Pandora on Directv also has a lot of issues.

This song chopping happens on my Direct TV and on my droid app.And judging from the traffic elsewhere, this is most definitely a Pandora problem.

Still broke. 9 March 2018.

This problem still exists. I prefer to play Pandora through my DirecTV setup because I can pause songs and it sounds better.

When I play it directly through my smart TV, I have absolutely NO problems at all. Same with ANY of my 7 computers. The problem is strictly with DirecTV. This is unacceptable for the amount of money that I pay them.

I am seriously considering cancelling my service. Pandora is just one of the ongoing problems with DirecTV. The problems seem to have gotten worse since the AT&T takeover.

I, honestly, feared this might happen. I have been with them since they took over PrimeStar, but enough is enough.

to Anonymous #1411300

I echo the frustration with this issue and find myself often reopening the screen panel to hit pause & replay to get it working. Uugh.

to Anonymous #1419456

You are correct. The merger with AT&T just took the quality out of Direct TV.

The service stinks to high heaven and the customer service is AT&T, not the old quality Direct TV customer service.

We were told we would be provided a credit because we were dislocated.by Hurricane Harvey. They lie.

The CSR tried to sell me a protection plan under AT&T, which we already had (on our Direct TV.

Plan). They are all about the customer service went by the wayside.