State: California City: Los Angeles Product: Directv Hbo Tv Package Clear all filters (1 of 5 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Directv Hbo Tv Package Review from Los Angeles, California

Omg where to start. So I had direct tv installed October 2015. They went on and on about three month promo of pay channels advised them I wasn't interested and to make sure to not add the promo to my account. I was also given multiple incentives for 1 year. So my bill was $40 a month which included an equipment fee. Everything fine until 4 months later I noticed a $90 charge from direct tv. I called infuriated and they told me it was the HBO promo I was getting when I signed up. I list it and said cancel. So they set my account up to cancel my bank reversed the debit. Direct tv calls and I have service deactivated next day. They neglected to tell me when I did this I lost all my incentives. I was not aware of this no one told me. So a month later my bill is now almost $300. I cancelled the service again only to find I owed almost $700. They just withdrew the money fri morning. I called my bank got money back again. I had on Sunday put a stop pay on my entire account including both cards and direct tv still took money. So I have now as of yesterday opened a new checking account at a diff bank because bank if America said even if I close my account and open a new one direct tv can come after the money. Pain in the butt.

So it's Directv's fault that you didn't read the terms of the customer agreement?If service is canceled before the 24 month agreement is complete there will be a $20 per month cancellation fee for each incomplete month. And in the agreement it states there must be card on file for unpaid balances after disconnect, as well as a bill goes out giving you 15 days to make payment before the card on file is charged

h.kitchener

Now you know why it is never a good idea to use a debit card or allow someone to automatically take money from your account. When paying monthly recurring charges, always have them send a paper statement which you verify and then write a check for. Is your life so busy you can't write a check and show some fiscal responsibility????

@h.kitchener

I didn't have checks to this account. They gave me an incentive for direct debit.

I've never ever had a co do this.

They orig made the error and refused to make good on it. Did you not read the explanation?

View more comments (2)