Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

3.0

I have been with Direct TV for close to 20 years. I decided in August 2020 that I was dropping Direct TV.

I was told by the Rep that I was under a contract when the Technicians came out in December 2019 and had to replace faulty equipment. I immediately requested a billing supervisor. I spoke with a supervisor and she verified I was not under contract. I was due a credit.

I then called back and cancelled the disconnect and told them it wouldn't be disconnected for a couple months. I received a letter dated 9-3-2020 asking me to not send the equipment back and to recycle it properly.

I then called back November 13, 2020 the day before my billing date and canceled my service. They again said I owed an early disconnect fee. I again told them I was not under contract.

Rep said they would check it out and call me back. I received an e-mail dated 11-14-2020 asking me to return the 3 genie boxes and the DVR. No problem I removed all the boxes and that's when I found that one of the Genie boxes serial number was different than what was on the list they sent me. I called Direct and they said send it back anyway.

Today I get an email stating i am only getting an $83.75 refund and not the $235,00 refund that is owed to me. I have been on the phone for about an hour or more and can't seem to get anywhere.

User's recommendation: Dot your I's and cross your T's. Keep all receipts for equipment repairs and replacements. Verify the serial numbers before tech leaves and make him verify they are on your service receipt. Write down names, times and dates on every phone call with the representatives and sales people you deal with.

DIRECTV Pros: Good reception.

DIRECTV Cons: Unethical customer service, Service and poor language skills for customer service, Billings for equipment that i returned.

Comments