Verified Reviewer

I was having problems with my Direct TV, some delay on changing channels and something similar to static on screen. I called to get this fixed and was told my equipment was out dated and needed to be replaced.

At the time I mentioned I wanted a separate receiver for camping. My step brother has one and only pays $7 a month, so I know they offer this. Lady Monday the installer came out and updated the equipment. At the time I told him about wanting the separate receiver for camping.

I was told this was no problem, just call Direct TV and they can set it up. I knew I would have to buy another receiver and that was not a problem. After spending 5 hours ( yes, 5 hours) on multiple calls and being redirected several times I thought we had it all worked out. I was told I need to buy another receiver, but direct tv could not sell it to me.

( I questioned this because that makes no sense) anyway, they told me what company to call and what to order. I did that and paid an additional $119. Once the receiver arrived I called direct tv back to set it up. After 3 hours and being redirected many times I was told a supervisor named Mark would call me back within an hour.

I waited 2 hours and decided to call them. I was shuffled around again for 37 minutes and then told the department I needed closed 20 minutes earlier and I would have to wait until Monday to call back. I called back and was shuffled around for 2 hours before I asked for a call back from a supervisor. I was told Jane would call back within 2 hours.

5 hours later I called them back. After 1 1/2 hours I was finally told I couldnt do what I wanted to do with the new equipment they installed one week earlier. I actually needed the equipment they removed from my house. So I said great lets just get that back and set it up.

I was told sure we can do that but we have to charge you $299 to do. Are you kidding me? I have just spent over 12 hours on the phone with direct tv and have done everything they have asked and now it is my fault and I have to pay. Maybe the mistake was one of the 16 people I have had to talk to at direct tv.

I asked for a supervisor and got Andrew. Well person Andrew was awful, no help at all. You mean to tell me after 26 years of my loyalty you cant fix this for me at no charge. Remember this was not my fault, I told them what I wanted to do from the start.

Well good old Andrew says sorry nothing we can do. So I just cancelled.

I have never been so upset with a company before. So long story short DONT USE DIRECT TV, they have no loyalty to their customers.

Thank you for letting me get this off my chest.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Receiver.

Preferred solution: Fix my problem for free, if not no problem I will use Dish..

Comments