Sacramento, California

I have been a customer for over 8 years NEVER had my services turned off and today it got turned off because I was SUPPOSED to call and let you guys know I did not want the NFL TICKET!!! really I was supposed to call to tell you that it wasn't NOTICED on my check that I was only paying for my regular TV and now I'm turned off because i didn't pay the full amount which was all the NFL ticket *** so I have to eat 90 dollars I am a mother of 3 I don't have that kind of money!!!

hope you enjoy not having me as a customer anymore since I referred many people to you; well not anymore!!

I'm telling all my friends you guys suck!! I am so PISSED at you people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Direct Tv is pulling it's same BS this year with automatically adding NFL to your statement. CUSTOMER BEWARE!!!!

$53.99 for 6 months. I never authorized this.

When I called it took 30 minutes of my morning to get it off my bill. And the customer service told me I was lucky because the season had already started.

Unbelievable...my family doesn't even watch football. needless to say I was very pissed!!!!!

#209212

Direct TV pulled something similar with me.

The only thing I accepted was the Premier service, not the NFL Sunday Ticket. I said repeatedly to the customer service person that I did not want the Sunday Ticket if I couldn't get the same deal my friend got (5months free if the Sunday Ticket is ordered).

The customer service person made the mistake and I am paying for it which is not acceptable.

I am a long time customer, Once again I want to stress I never ordered the Sunday ticket, the employee mistakenly added this to my account, and if they reviewed the recordings they would see that. Does anyone know any legal recourse?

#198292

They pulled the same BS on me, do they really expect people to remember to cancel this package a year later? I didnt even want it in the first place.

Obviously it is not a favor to the customer it is a trick, they hope you will forget to cancel (and lots of people do im sure)so that they can charge you 300 dollars that is non transferrable.

I am disgusted with their practices and will cancel and go back to Cox cable, never ever had a problem with them in my life. Direct tv cable just plain sucks anyways.

#197087

I just experienced the same sneaky business practices with the NFL Ticket. I took it for a promotional offer and cancelled it.

They, without knowledge or consent from me, added pack on to my package. I did not notice the change in my bill, because I was not expecting it. I bundle it with my phone and dsl charges with verizon, and thought that another memeber of the family had just run up extra data or call costs. I called to have them take it back off, and refund me for the three months.

Not only would they not correct the error, but would not cancel the service - get this - "because the season had already started". These people are crooks and if anyone knows about an active class action suit, I'd love to be a part of it.

#191928

I was contacted by a Direct TV salesman, asking if I wanted to get every movie channel they had for $6.00 for 5 months. I explained that I usually did not watch movies, but would give it a try.

He kept asking me what my favorite NFL team was. I explained that I have never watched football - hence no favorite. I am direct billed by Direct TV and did not see the $60.00 charge for NFL Sunday ticket until Feb. 2010 when I cancelled the 5 mo.

movie trial. I had to cancel my service before 3 people called and asked me to stay.

Finally they took $10 off my bill for 12 months. I nice solution, but I still feel their sales man tricked me.

#191912

Yea, Make sure you call to cancell, a letter is not sufficient. Rip off