Spring Grove, Pennsylvania

This is my story. I elected to get Direct tv because I was so unhappy with Comcast.

I got tired of hearing excuse after excuse as to why my cable kept going out or my internet wasn't working.

About 5 years ago I decided to go with Direct tv. I even convinced a friend to join with me. My bill started out really low, you could hardly beat the price. It was only supposed to be a 2 year contract, so I felt that if I didn't like it I could always cancel.

Well, about 1 year into the contract they called me up and offered a free upgrade with my dvr's, well of course I jump at the chance. A few months later my bill increases. Then it just kept going up month after month. I called several times to get it lowered but, they said there were no more promotions and my bill would stay the same until my contract was up.

I was thinking I only had a year to go, well as it turns out when I upgraded my dvrs, they informed me that I had started a new contract at that point. I had no idea or I wouldn't have upgraded.

Now I'm stuck with a bill of $145 a month and I only watch about 5 channnels. I feel that I was taken advantage of and cheated!!!!!

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Directv Cons: Baiting customer to switch with lies, Bait and switch.

Comments

h.kitchener

You fell for a common scam. When you "upgraded" you did, indeed change the terms of your original contract. The old saying "if it looks too good to be true......." applies.