Verified Reviewer

I was in Costco and a Direct TV rep Named Ferrel approached me about changing to Direct TV. Ferrel told me that first I would save money by changing to Direct TV,.

Second my Spectrum bill would drop to 50.00 a month for the internet and that I would receive a 200.00 Costco gift card. I have the service installed only to find out when I brought back the Spectrum equipment it would be 74.58 a month for the internet (he did not tell me I had to find someone else to put the Spectrum bills name into...I was told that later when I went back to Costco to complain by a Direct TV Manager). Secondly the package I was given it turned out did not even include news channels like CNN, MSNBC or FOX...that was 8.00 more and the equivalent package I had would not kick in for a year at the lower rate.Ultimately if I stayed with Direct TV I would save 4.00 a month not the 50.00 that Ferrel quoted me. I immediately canceled the service after speaking with a Direct TV rep on the phone who told me to never believe what I was told by salesman in Costco that it was "all smoke and mirrors" and when I went back to Costco and complained to the store manager who said he couldn't do anything and the direct TV manager who said he couldn't do anything but that the product had been misrepresented and that my best course of action was to cancel and go back to Spectrum.

Mind you I had the service for 10 days. I had to pay a bill for 80.23 as you must pay a full month whether you have the service for 1 days or 30 days. Secondly my close out bill is 611.00 (480.00) as they have not only charged me for the service contract of 2 years but they have charged me for another month of services and numerous incidental fees. I am now headed over to AT and T to dispute this insanity.

My honest recommendation is STAY AWAY from this completely dishonest and reprehensible company. .

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY.

DIRECTV Cons: Read my review.

Comments