Springfield, Missouri

On September 15, 2018 Directv installer came out to my home to install cable. He installed the cable line at the top of the wall in my living room to begin with. He damaged the outside of every panel with big holes. Not just where he had to install the cable line. The installer put *** on top of the electric plug where he couldn't even put a cover over it. It was so bad where my father had too tell her it was a bad job and he should tried to make it look better. The installer then start to pull down the wire and he was pulling down panel in the house. It was so back where I ask him to just take it all down and leave.

He then stated, I told you, you should have got wireless because he didn't want to install it anyway.

I called to report him and the damaged that was cause to my home. First, I was sent to 5 different departments just to speak with someone about the tech and damage. I was told to send photos of the damage, after they reviewed the photos because the damage was so bad the manager told me to send 2 estimates that it would cost to repair my home.

After waiting for over 4 weeks I call to check the status, I was told no one has reviewed the claim because the manager was out on vacation and some one will contact me back. Well I waited 2 more weeks still no call, I called back to check the status and the manager just went off on me. I asked to speak with a different manager and he stated it don't matter the next one is going to tell you the same things I'm saying.

He later sent me an email to say a manager will get in contact with me. No one never called but I received a email from Barndon Jared, stated after speaking with the technician, it appears that he got a verbal approval to install your system and later during the installation you decided you did not want the service.

The damage to my home is way more then the holes that was caused for the installation, and now that I don't want there service the will not cover the damage. Poor customer service

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Cable Installation.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

Why did you bother with calling ? That is the least effective manner of complaining next to e-mails and text messages.

Your issue required a formal letter served via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested. That letter would have included brief history, your complaint, evidence of your complaint, requested remedy, and a specific time frame for completion. Request reply in writing within 7 business days prior to escalation. Be truthful, firm, and polite.

Leave emotion out and keep copies of all correspondence and postal receipts. Calling generally only raises your blood pressure and causes you to omit important details.