Coverage Area

I signed up for a package deal with directv for internet and television. I then found out after they installed the TV receiver that they couldn't install the internet.

Then........instead of the original 19.99 package they had offered that I was assured by the gentleman in India (that I could barely understand) included the Genie DVR, they decided that the package is going to cost me 49.99 a month. I told the representative that since they could not give me the package I signed up for I wanted to cancel the service (it was activated a week ago). They are now telling me that since the TV was activated I am under contract and that to cancel it would cost me a penalty of $20.00 a month for 24 months. This was deceptive advertising and they made sure the TV was hooked up and activated before telling me that they couldn't install the internet.

I am pissed off!

I told them that I would disconnect it myself and contact the FCC and BBB and an attorney to fight this. I will gladly go back to Spectrum after this debacle.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Being lied to and misled.

Comments