Marquette, Michigan
1.5

Received a couple of offers from Direct TV promising $29 programming for a year as well as a $200 redeem reward in the form of a Visa card. Signed up, had the system installed, and followed directions to redeem my Visa $200 reward.

Was told that I was ineligible. Was stuck on the phone for 15 minutes, hung up on, and had to call them back. I was then stuck on the phone for another 10-15 minutes and ultimately told that the the $29 programming was actually part of the $200 redeemable reward and the $200 was factored in for me to have $29 programming! There was never a Visa card worth $200 going out.

It was all deception and pretty shameful. I plan on filing complaints to the FTC and BBB.

This was very slimey on their part.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Directv Cons: Deception.

Comments

I am having the same problem with Direct TV. They are with At&t now which makes them even harder to deal with.

i was passed from one rep to another,hung up on and lied to. They will also ask you if you are on a mobile device. They ask you this because they think you will get tired of holding or that you will burn up minutes or your battery.

I call them out.

They are crooks. Btw, did everything as per instuction and could not get through the website.

the same kind of thing happened to me. they were going to look into it and I n.ever heard from them.

Instead of being a $39.00 package I am actually paying 90.61 per month for the year and they it goes up to$122.00.

Good picture, good channels, no savings, no rewards card. Don't get it for the savings, its totally false advertising.

I'm having the same problem. offer was $150.00. Visa.