2.1
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Well...Just had my first experience with the new AT&T Direct TV.

I had to have a service call about three weeks ago to fix a connection problem. The AT&T tech who came out told me that Direct TV was going to start charging $50.00 for service calls. Of course when my next bill comes out, there it is a $49.99 service charge for the visit. I called the customer service line and spoke to someone, who had no power to make any changes to my account.

I requested to be transferred to someone who could. Next i spoke to Emanuel in Costa Rico who listened to my problem but said that I would have to speak with the CLG group, but he could not transfer me. He provided the number and I called that department. I spoke to Angela (ID # AQ6248 located in New Mexico) who was able to credit the service fee that i knew nothing about in the first place.

The bigger problem became that my bill was going to be increasing from approximately $89.00 to $150.00 per month because my first year promotions are over. I had been a direct TV customer from 2007- May 2015 and came back in November of 2015 and never had this much of a jump after the first 12 months were over. In the past i would call and they would find something they could add to get my bill back to as close to what it was. I was told there was nothing she could do and asked to speak to a supervisor who was also located in the US.

Angela proceeded to make fun of me that New Mexico is a state in the US. (thanks for the geography lesson). Next up came Mary (ID# AQ2999 also in New Mexico, which is apparently a state) Mary proceeded to tell me that we could get my bill back to $89.00 if we switched packages to the family package. I currently have the Xtra package.

So of my 280-ish channels I would lose 170 of them including ESPN and many others we watch, and the package isn't even listed on the website it offer so little. This was obviously unacceptable, and Mary proceeded to start talking from a script and wouldn't allow me to even get a word in. I tried to convey that i feel like a have been defrauded by the sales team who sold me in the first place. My bill has never doubled in the past and to say there were no available credits is a first and I suspect new since AT&T has come into the mix.

Long story short, I get the feeling that the company that Direct TV was and the customer satisfaction they used to have is long gone. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to need to find a different television option and possibly pay the $480 cancellation fee in the process. The reason i always came back to Direct TV was the high level of customer satisfaction and the ability to handle any issue I called them with and that appears to be over. Nobody that I spoke to today was interested in doing anything outside the box to satisfy me as a customer.

In fact, it was the exact opposite, nobody cared. I'm going to post this on Direct TV's Facebook page as well as any other place I can put it. We as consumers have a voice in social media now, and nobody should accept these situations.

If you have any doubts about the power of the people, look up the United Airlines customer service debacle over busting a passenger's guitar and how they dismissed him.Turned out to be a major miscalculation on their part.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of being talked over and told we cant help you. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of directv tv service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $70. Directv needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned directv tv service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Directv.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments