Hicksville, New York
2.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

My 7 year old son ordered the "Ready Player One" movie 8 times on the same day without his parents knowing. Then did it again 6 times with the Lego Movie.

I didn't realize it until my bill came due and was so expensive. I've made 4 calls to customer services..in the Phillipines...and they refuse to credit my account. Total air time over 1 hour and 20 minutes. I've been a DirecTV customer on an off for 20 years, I've been an AT&T cell phone customer for nearly a decade.

I have two lines with them. Never missed a payment. I asked for an ounce of reasoning and outside the box thinking to credit my account the OBVIOUS mistake. They refuse.

So my next move today, is to shut down my DirecTV service and both my lines will be moved to T-Mobile on Friday.

By my account, that's $300/month or $3600/year they are going to throw out the window because of pure ignorance. Just disgusting.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Directv Cons: Worst customer service in the world.

• Billing Issues
  • Att and DirecTv
  • Billing Problems

Comments

It actually looks like he rented the movies on one day then purchased them the next couple of days. That shouldn’t be their responsibility.

It’s your kid.

Pay attention and set parental controls. Direct tv is not responsible for your absent parenting.

Who left a 7 year old alone all day to pull that off ? Pay up and remind junior of his obligation to work or pay it all off and a stern lecture regarding permission.

He may not have known quite what he was doing or how much it cost but that is YOUR fault and you OWE the money. Don't you dare blame the supplier ; especially in front of Dennis.

h.kitchener

You are blaming the wrong person. Your little rugrat is the one responsible for the orders. A few words of advice along with a paddle does wonders to change behavior in children.

SixPack56
@h.kitchener

You're obviously not an out of the box thinker. Paddles were sooo 1960's....

@SixPack56

Not in my house. My kid got disciplined with a paddle to his butt.

That’s the problem with kids nowadays. They have no discipline.

@SixPack56

My kid got paddled. He grew up a respectable adult as well. Something today’s kids know nothing about.