After cancelling Direct TV services t at the end of the three year period, we received a letter that we would receive the balance of what we had over paid ($47.87) within 6 weeks.When we did not receive a check after waiting 7 weeks, we contacted Direct TV Customer Services.

The customer services representative said that the amount of $48.87 is not sent as a refund check by Direct TV but is applied to a City Bank Debit Card which we would be receiving shortly. I explained that we did not want a debit card but wanted a check for the balance that they (Direct TV) owed us. We were informed that this is not how they do refunds. Apparently they with City Bank to issue a credit card/debit card which reflects the amount of the refund on the card.

The intent is that the customer will apply the credited balance on something they wish to purchase and continue to use the card to make other purchases. We never charged our monthly bill but faithfully paid by check each month. I think that everyone would agree that Direct TV's style of holding hands with City Bank and treating customers like this is both unethical and underhanded. I'm surprised that DIRECT TV.

has not had a class action suit filled against them for this type of practice.We will never use Direct TV again and will warn as many people as possible about our experience.

Review about: Directv Customer Care.

I didn't like: Not receiving a refund check for balance paid.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments