I contacted a couple companies reference satellite television.I eventually contacted Direct TV from a promo card I had.

The initial price quotes/packages did not beat the competition. I stated that. They started upgrading this, discounting that and after a 1.5 hour conversation, I reached a verbal agreement. I have had issues with a local cable tv provider so I had the bottom line monthly price and what I would get stated several times by the initial sales agent and their supervisor.

$56/for 3 tv connections, 3 dvrs, free upgrade to genie dvr...205 separately counted channels (not the same chan in HD and standard), music channels, movies on demand free, free installation. There was only suppose to be a $1 temporary charge to my card so they could schedule the installation of the service. It turned into $21.40 , permanent charge (handling fee). The work order only had two tv connections/dvrs.

I could get the 3rd room done, at an additional cost. I cancelled the installation and immediately called customer service. I asked them to pull and listen to the recorded line. I was transferred over and over, I can't honor that offer...let me do another order for you, of course it's more.

They also wasn't going to give the $100 prepaid Visa card owed to me. I ended up with the PROMISE of a $200 card and a higher monthly rate for the 1st/2nd years.

The recorded line is for their benefit not ours.Loss is $72/yr from the 2nd year on.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Comments

DTV has never been able to produce a "recorded call" for anyone. It would be wise to get everything DTV says in writing beause they are known for stretching the truth. Good luck in getting the $200 card thay promised.