Gainesville, Florida
2.7
Coverage Area

I HATE DIRECT TV! I call for service installation.

The rep asks me what I enjoy watching. I said I enjoy on demand and my children love the kids channels. I also said I had a high def tv so I need an HD box. She said ok, we have you set up in 2 days.

PERFECT. I get my install and picture looks nice and we are good to go. I get home Friday night and I cant find ANY ON DEMAND anywhere. I call DIRECT TV only to find out that they didnt provide me with the proper equipment to get on demand!

OMG, so Im like ok, send me the proper equipment and they tell me its gonna be an additional $269. Im like no it isnt! Theyre like, you signed for the box you got and I was like, DUHHH, because how am I suppose to know what I got wasnt what I was suppose to have? Anyway so I wanted to cancel them as fast as I got them and they tell me if I cancel.(within 3 days of activation)it'll be over $400 in early termination fees!

OMGOSH. Now I hate DIRECT TV bc Im stuck. A rep said I could be given a discounted rate if Id pay them $169 and I said OK.....Ill pay next Friday and get it. So next Friday comes and they will not honor the discounted rate I was quoted!

Im so going online and posting a million hates on DIRECT TV! OMG. They are like THUGS of the cable club! OMGOSH.

I guess Im going to look for an HD DVR HR24 and install it myself and ASK DIRECT TV if they will activate my own box? OMGOSH They'll probably say no bc they found negative feedback all over the internet about them from me!

YES, IM gonna wind up taking out a commercial on DIRECT TV and their horrible customer service! I HATE DIRECT TV.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Commercial.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Directv Cons: Bad customer service, Taught to lie.

Comments

I had to pay nearly $300.00 for a tech to get me an HDDVR and come back out to install it. Then I hear the equipment has to be returned when I leave DTV.

That hddvr should be mine at an almost $300 charge to get this and have it installed! Atleast the lady I spoke to said I could get a $100 credit on my next bill so lets see if this comes true.

Don't do it, unless you get a received from an authorised reseller it will not activate and whatever you paid for the used unit is lost and if you do go to an authorised place it is still considered a lease and new 2 year contract goes into effect