Direct Tv had me place the new account in my husbands name without his knowledge or even asking to speak with them.Then they offered me a $1.00 start up cost because the bank was closed that Sunday and Memorial Day, they said it would get me some time to get to the bank to deposit the first month payment.

I stressed to the associate I only had $5.00 in my account do NOT take any more money then the $1.00 until atleast Wednesday. I woke up Tuesday to find my account in the negative because they took $21.45!!! Do they refund me? NO, they claim they have to speak to my husband who had nothing to do with setting up the account!

They also lied about bundling internet, At&T does NOT offer service where I live like they claimed I would get.Sorry any company that steals money from someones account and lies, deserves shut down!

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

The $1.00 start up cost was simply to get your account # which they will keep on file to use anytime they see fit. You can dispute the charges with your bank but to keep DTV from placing charges in the future,you will need to change #'s or close the account.There is a $20 per month fee charged for every month left on your contract plus they often charge for nonreturned equipment fees and this can run into the hundreds of dollars. DirectTv is a Scam and it would be to your benefit to read all the complaints on this and other sites