San Mateo, California
2.6K views

Update by user Dec 17, 2011

Since I posted my original complaint, I spent a few more hours on the phone with Direct TV & got nowhere. Then, I emailed them with my problem & I was amazed at the results.

I got a reply email the same day, a follow up phone call & they resolved my problem within a couple of days. I just received my $200 Best Buy gift card yesterday.

I have gone from an unhappy customer to a happy customer. Lesson learned - with DirecTV, forget the help numbers, email your issue for more a knowledgeable person.

Original review posted by user Nov 14, 2011

When I signed up for Direct TV, I was promised a $200 Best Buy Gift card that would arrive in my Direct TV bill in 2-3 months. After 3 months, I called Direct TV & they told me to wait another month.

After another month I called & they said that I had to go into the Best Buy store to get the rebate. when I went into the store, Best Buy said they had many, many complaints about the Direct TV promises & that the process to request the rebate was not made clear to customers.

I called Direct TV again and was referred to a specific number for rebate issues. At that number after a long conversation with an agent, I requested to speak to a supervisor who was even less helpful. They said they couldn't help me as this was a Best Buy rebate, not Direct TV and they gave me another number to call. That number was only an automated menu only for routine rebate status.

I then called back the original number, and another agent found the description of the $200 Direct TV rebate offer, but apparently I was required to fill out a form & mail in the request by a date which had already passed.

I had never been told about the requirement to complete a rebate form for this $200 offer and now that the mail in date had passed, they stated repeatedly that there was nothing they could do.

After reading this website and others, I see that there are many complaints about Direct TV & their various rebate offers & mis-information about to redeem them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Rebate.

Comments

Nice discussion . I am thankful for the information , Does someone know if my business could get a sample a form document to fill out ?

@Anonymous

Hi, I found a template a form example using this https://goo.gl/NuMs21.

What email address did you email?

Please respond to: marcdoolin@gmail.com

i was promised a Wal-Mart gift card that aapparently walmart knows nothing about so basically the same *** just getting the run around. i was told do it on the site.

then i was told i would need a form that i just happened to never get.

just more gimmicks and lies.

2 year contract is part of the deal, but given the savings over that 2 year period, I didn't have a problem with that. also, they were very up front going in on that requirement.

Now that I have gotten my rebate and have been a customer for almost a year, I am happy with the service and with my bill. No complaints.

:( :cry

So what other requirements are there to get the giftcard from direct? and why is it that they refuse to give it?

Im curious due to that I dont want to be stuck in a 2 year contract because of that gift card.

brownwindow58@gmail.com