I have TIVO and am very pleased with it.When I was looking into Direct TV, I was told it worked with TIVO.

I have 4 TV's in the house, one with the TIVO and a DVD/VCR combo, the other 3 just have VCR's. The first installer came out and didn't even know how to hook up the VCR's and the DVD player so a second installer who was suppose to be a supervisor came out and brought a "trainee" with him that supposedly had TIVO. I now suspect the "trainee" was just a friend of his that he thought would be able to help hook up the TIVO. They got one of the tuners on the TIVO to work, but not the second (I have a dual tuner) so I could only record what I was watching (why would I do that?) They never got the VCR's working properly on any of the TV's.

They charged me 50 bucks for the "Custom Install" on the TIVO and had me write out the check to the guy, not the company. I didn't figure out that it wasn't all hooked up properly until after they left. A few days later when I called to cancel, I was told by the installation company, the money would be returned to me in a few days, it's been 3 weeks now. I then called Direct TV to cancel with them and was told that I had 24 hours to cancel after we received the Direct TV signal and since I didn't, there is a 340.00 cancelation fee, plus tax, even though they never had all my electronics properly installed.

I was never told about a 24 hour period and as far as I'm concerned, since it was never properly installed to work with all my electronics, I should have been able to cancel. I argued with the customer service (lol) rep and his supervisor for about 30 minutes and didn't get anywhere. The next night a guy from Direct TV called to with a follow up call to find out why I was canceling and he told me Direct TV used to work with TIVO but since they have their own DVR now, it no longer does. He said it had been a few months and he felt I should have been told that up front and should receive my fee back after I write in and dispute, but I tried disputing and just received their form letter rejecting my dispute today.

Very unscrupulous company.

They blatantly lied to me to get me to subscribe.

Review about: Directv Installation.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

About a month ago I tried to get Direct TV, the full package w/2 HD receivers.I went on their site and got the most recent special code and called them.

1 week later an installer came out and made the first attempt to connect the system. Before he left he activated my account. It all starts when they activate the account. I realize I am having an issue with channels over a certain number.

I place a call to have a remount/alignment done. Two more Saturdays used up by two different installers attempt to get the system to work. And on top of things, I now have a leaky roof on a brand new house to deal with. After the third attempted everything was sent back.

I have called them dozens of time and spend countless hours trying to simply get my money back, not get charged two years of cancelation fees and to pay for my roof to be fixed and leasing fees. So far my totals are over $800.00 for something I couldn’t even use and they messed up my new house.

Nothing is working; does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get their attention?:(

Perrysburg, Ohio, United States #7255

Another update.I also wrote to the president and ceo of Directv and wrote to the Minnesota Attorney General.

I'm also gong to write to the officers of Liberty Media who owns DirectTV.If I'm not able to get my money back, I'm going to get my moneys worth!!

Perrysburg, Ohio, United States #7248

You can get the president and ceo info from Wikipedia and the address from the secretary of state business entities section for their headquarters in California.I'm also gong to write to the officers of Liberty Media who owns DirectTV

Perrysburg, Ohio, United States #7247

Update to my posting.I am now trying to dispute through my credit card company.

They say it will take 6 to 8 weeks, but they will do their best to fight Direct TV since it is not stated anywhere there is a 24 hour cancellation period.I will keep you all updated as to whether this works.