Pensacola, Florida

I did mines tonight, if that doesn't work we need to come together and go a little further. Paying for a contract cancellation that you was not informed about is not right and money does not grow on trees.How can you expect someone to just give you free caks with the prices of gas.

Word of mouth is powerful so let's get it out there, so they can be stopped.

Comments

Only seven days and I have realized the mistake I made. My wife had to have the home DVR system so we switched.

I still do not have the whole home DVR system and no locals. They said the locals are coming soon. I talked with a freind and he laughed and stated they told him that 4 years ago. The serviceman who installed my system did not have two of the 4 HD systems, so he told me to call them in about a week.

I called today and they told me it would cost $99 plus some fees which added up to a total of $188. Somebody needs to take it to them.

We have been with DIRECT TV for 3 or 4 years. I just called today to cancel service with them and was informed that there would be an early cancellation fee of $340 because they said my contract was in effect until December of 2011. Last December we purchased a HD receiver at best buy for my son for christmas. I told the best buy rep that we wouldn't be getting it if it extended our contract with Direct TV and was assured by him that it would not extend my contract. I told him that if they said it would extend my contract when I activated it that I would be bringing it back and he agreed that I could bring it back in that case. When I called to activate the receiver I told the person at DIRECT TV that I would not activate it if it was going to extend my contract and they agreed that it would not.

Now they are telling me that they can extend my contract without my knowledge or consent. I don't think so.

If they are running these crooked practices on me then I'm sure there are thousands, if not millions of others out there they are doing the same thing with too.

I'm going to start contacting some lawyers that specialize in "class action" suits about this fraudulent practice. I think I can find some that will have their mouth watering at the millions to be had from DIRECT TV.

You can defraud people for a while and get away with it but in the long run unethical practices will catch up with you DIRECT TV.

Yonda wrote: I suggest everyone who has a problem with Direct TV put in a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, that can be our first start. You can do it on line and put in there address.

___________________________________

I checked the BBS in my area and discovered it is not worth the effort.

Perhaps Directv is a high member of it and has controling interest there. Therefore I chose the Attorney Generals' Office of my state.

I submitted my complaint tonight to the Attorney General of my State, plus sent a copy to the best Senator of my state. I implored each of them to take action against these unscrupulous actions of a very greedy company. I do trust that my complaints will be taken into consideration.

I checked the internet and discovered that 5 years ago there was class action lawsuits that made this awful company pay $5 million dollars. No wonder the problem still exists. What is $5 million to an entity that is bilking at least a billion? That is not even a slap on the wrist.

The problem needs to come home to roost: either the legal system charges this evil company to the full extent or we ALL will just have to stand up and be counted.

The next step is for this awful company to attempt ruining the credit rating of all good citizens for the sake of not paying money to a bad business entity. What a crock!

#122050

I have Direct TV and have been nothing but lied to from day 1. They told me they would send someone out to look at my TV and I wouldnt be charged for the service. Then charge me $49.99.

My wife and are were also told we would save over $50.00 a month over Com cast, but yet my first 4 months cost me and my wife over $600.00 .

wish we would have never left Com cast, We also were never told about a contract cancellation fee either.

They have had 3 service men out here and only 1 knew what he was doing

SORRY ABOUT ALL THE MISSPELLING BELOW

#122048

I have Direct TV and have been nothing but lied to from day 1 they send they will send someone out and at charge then charge you $49.99. I was told I would save over $50.00 a month but yet my first 4 months cost me and my wife over $600.00 wish we would have never left Com cast, and I also was never told about a contract cancellation fee either

I just switched to direct tv from another company because they seemed to offer a good deal to save money...but since installation nothing is as agreed and I keep having to spend more and more money. They told me I could not do buyers remorse even within a 2 day period and had to pay over $400 to cancel my contract.

I am disgusted by Direct Tv and will get away from them asap.

We just got Direcr tv and having buyers remorse and will end up calling a techie in the next couple minute. A small storm goes through knock the sevice out and we still dont have local channels what a piece of junk