I would like to complain about the unfair termination fees that Direct TV charges.I noticed I was not receiving some of my channels that I was paying for.

I called DirectTV and they stated it was because my receiver was outdated and I needed a newer one. I said ok, and that was that. In the past few days I was looking for a better deal, in which Comcast gave me one. I contacted DirectTV and they informed me I was under contract for 18months.

I told them I was not, and they said once I activated the receiver, it put me into another contract. If I wanted out, it would cost me 280.00 This is clearly fraud and I am amazed this company stays in business with these deceitful practices. I have written a complaint to the Attorney General's Office.

I hope the government gives them a fine, plus make DirectTV send out "written" contracts, in which you should have to sign for it so you may know what you are getting into.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Atlanta, Indiana, United States #119873

Thats a shame...contact the Better Business Bureau and report them..also contact the Attorney General's office..If more people complain, maybe something will actually be done.

#119679

HAS LIED TO ME EVERY STEP OF THE WAY WITH MY ISTALATION WHEN I TRIED TO CANCEL INSTALATION THEY KEPT MY SECURITY DEPOSIT EVEN THOUGH I CANCELED WITH IN 3 HOURS OF INSTALATION ...THEY TOLD ME THAT I WOULD GET 4 RECIVERS I GOT 2 AND THEY REFUSED TO GIVE BACK MY MONEY..

THEN THEY ADV IF I CANCELED THAT I WOULD NOT RECIVE EARLY TERM FEE ...AND 2 WEEKS LATER I SIT HERE WITH A BILL FOR 400.00