I was suppose to be getting Starz for free until OCT 2012.Come to find out everytime I tried to get those channels this message would pop up on my TV that said" Your TV does not support this program content protection> Replacing the HDMI cable with component cables will allow you to view the programs.

They will not send a technician out to fix it they want me to fix it myself.

They left me on the phone for 35 mins, the first guy I spoke to James just left me hanging and then I guess he connected me to Tech Support and didn't have the courtesy to inform me what he was doing.They gave me all kinds of excuses but no remedy to the problem.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #648789

I am having the same problem.Direct TV sent me the "correct" cables, but I'm still having the problem.

Now they are saying it is my TV, that it has a built in code and I need to call the TV manufacturer to get this fixed.:(

I wished to end my movie package at the end of my billing cycle.called Direct tv they said, "They have to end it today & give a credit or call back on that day." I ask to speak to her supervisor, I was on hold about 5-10 min.

the agent cam back & said"She said I would have to call back that day to c/c." She wouldn't let me talk to her."she was with another agent.I could try another super." I can't waste my time on these people.

You need component cables.It is that simple.

The movie channels i.e. hbo, starz, showtime, and cinemax are all changing because consumers have found a way to illegal download content from these premium channels via an hdmi cable. This is not directv this is the channels themselves. All you need is the cables, and Directv will send them out to you for free no less!

They are the ones with the green, red, and blue tips they will provide hd picture up to 1080i. The reason they won't send an installer? Because it would take a 5 year old less than 3 minutes to figure out.

This is happening with every company, so stop crying about it and have them send the cables.This is something completely out of their control.

You need component cables.It is that simple.