I closed my account on June 10th due to moving to a location that Direct TV could not service. This is when the "run around" began in ending my contract, which if I moved to a location in which they could not provide service I wouldn't be charged.

I went through an installation guy coming to my new property and verify that it was not possible for service.

I then followed up on the process of my refund. They told me I needed a second opinion and scheduled another guy to come out, but told me I didn't have to be home. This was correct and happened.

I then returned all of my equipment on July 6th. It was not processed until July 25th and they charged my bank account $445. After 2 weeks of another "run around" they verified they had the equipment and would process a refund. I was told it would be expedited and be 5 business days. When I didn't receive the refund on Aug. 3rd, I called again to follow up.

I went through the automated system, which gave me a 1 minute dead air time in between 4 different selections. I was then connected and went directly to another hold, but this time with commercials instead of dead air. In my attempt to resolve my refund, the CS rep. just kept repeating the same info. and wasn't concerned with my refund - "no longer an active account." I asked for and after 5 more minutes of waiting was connected to a supervisor who was much more compassionate, but the best she said she could do is 10 more business days. She later called me back and told me that, "I'm sorry, but it will be 30 days."

Bottom Line: Over 2 months from end of service to being able to close my account and get the money that is due me back. Did not do as promised and had very disappointing service.

Review about: Directv Installation.

Comments