I started service with Direct TV in March of 2011.I lost my job in summer of 2011.

I called and asked them how much would it be to restore the service once I was able to, they said the amount of your last bill plus a reactivation fee ($148). Shortly after they sent me a bill for a little over $800!!!! They claim I cancelled the contact, which I did not. So there was an early contract termination fee, also a fee for the equipment & lastly the final bill.

I called them about this $800 & some change bill they sent me.

I told them I didn't cancel the contract!! T I reminded them of what they'd told me reguarding having the services restored. They claimed they didn't tell me that & demanded 800 plus dollars to resume services.

I asked to speak with a supervisor or manager whom was very rude & was no help.

I've since reported Diect TV to the BBB (better business bureau). I did this is September of this year. To date they haven't responsed. I just wanted to restore services & I'm not paying them 800 bucks when I never canceled the contract & I still have the equipment.

Has this happened to anyone else??

What do I do now??Help!!

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

The BBB gets so many complaints against DTV, they normally do not answer them. You can also file complaints with the FTC and Attorney General but there is not a lot anyone can do at this point,but do make sure they do not have your bank account # or credit card# or they will charge these. They will probably put a bad report on your credit report but you can post an rebuttal on your credit report.