Yesterday I was contacted by directv announcing that they had a promotion that would be perfect for me. I could reduce my bill by half for the next two years.

All I would have to do is purchase an amazon gift card for the amount of 350.00 which would pay for the first five months and will f I did that I would also receive in the mail a 100.00 gift card from visa if I could do this in 24 hours. This sounded wonderful to me so went ahead and followed their instructions. Needless to say it was a scam. I contacted directv later that day and the first person hung up on me when I ask d for a supervisor.

The second person said they could not help me. The third person gave me a disconnected phone number to speak to a supervisor. The fourth person told me to call the police. I find this very unacceptable.

I guess directv does not give a rats a** about their customers.

I did call amazon and they are tracking the card that was used by the code on the back. At least they are trying but still no results.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Customer Care.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 26, 2017.

Comments

The new scam is they want your debit card , still say $350 . When I said use the card on file because I am driving , they said they would call back at a better time.

Really you're expecting them to pay you back for you being scammed??? Get real

This a scam. DirectTV would never tell you to buy an Amazon gift card.