Direct-tv offers a new receiver to new customers that is much improved over existing receivers and has greater capabilities.However, if a loyal customer of many years tries to upgrade to this unit the charge is a whopping $300.00 bucks.

It seems unfair that new customers get a freebie that loyal customers of many years get screwed on. I'm not surprised at this...I'm just pissed. When I complained about this their attitude was "sorry, it's $300.00 bucks".

Now I'm looking into Roku to see if I can get rid of Direct altogether.I like their product overall, and their customer service has been good up to this matter but screwed is screwed and I'm tired of it.

Review about: Directv Receiver.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

I have Roku and I love it!I think you will too.

I too got sick of the greedy cable companies. I kept the internet for the Roku to stream Netfix,now I have all the movies I will ever want to watch for $8.23 per month. I also got an indoor antenna and a booster for the antenna for my local channels and I get quiet a few channels.

there are also some channels on Roku,mostly older movies and there is tv shows on netflix.to check out Roku got to walmart or amazon and read the reviews,this is what sold me.I am sure glad I got the Roku player and I wish you good luck with yours if you decide to go that route.