4.3K views

Direct TV and AT&T are scamming people big time.....they offer a bundle package with all the extras for free, then you get your bill and it's way more than they say it's going to be....they say that you are going to get 225.00 cash back....so when you call to complain they try to say that the cash back is suppose to go towards your bill, which is *** and not what they said in the beginning, they tell you your phone number is going to be unlisted, but I know they send your phone number to all the bill collectors you owe money to and get a kickback from it i'm sure....then when you are unsatisfied direct TV threatens to charge your credit card $480.00. The card that you gave to AT&T not Direct T.V.

for shipping your Internet modem. They will never get service from me again.

It's sad how they are doing people. I predict that both companies will be out of business soon.

Comments

THEY RIPPED ME OFF SAID I WOULD GET A BUNDLE DISCOUNT NOW AFTER IM ALL HOOKED UP THEY TELL ME THE BUNDLE DOES NOT WORK WITH THE SELECT PACKAGE. THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE HUNG UP ON ME 3 TIMES. SHOULD BE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FIED

I hate at& t you can call for the simplest question and no one has any common sense. I recently added direct tv with my phone service at at&t and got an odd bill just for my phone installments.

Common sense tells me I am now getting paid separately for my phone installments from the tv and actually phone bill. The customer service agents can't even see that is what is going on. Is it just me or do all cable and telephone companies hire idiots.

As soon as I get my expensive phone paid off. I am leaving at&t.

Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States #1047007

at&t is the worst rip off company I have ever dealt with I hate them and will never use them again, I cancelled my home phone , business phone , business internet and I am saving big bucks using local cable and verizon

Orland Park, Illinois, United States #773960

Stay away from AT&T/Direct TV! Horrible!

I'm Paying these rip off people $233.00 a month for a small bundle package .This is all there is available in my area they have a monopoly going on. :(

Richardson, Texas, United States #740507

I just recently bundle my AT&T BILL WITH MY Directv bill and Guess what?I love it.Now i can make one payment for the whole bundle internet-phone and Directv.I recieved an discount on my internet and Phone service plus i recieved an discount on my Directv account.I was expecting to recieve an really expensive monthly bill but i only pay like $150.00 for everything.What i think the problem is,Is this.Everyone has (4)Different packages to chose from right?Each package cost about $5.00 more than the previous package right?So when your 3 months of freebies is expired each person has to pay the amount of the package that was chosen by the customer.I chose the package before you get to the most expensive package and It cost me $96.00 a month with the discount for bundle service i pay $91.00 at this time plus my internet and Phone service a total of $150.00 each month.The most expensive package is $119.00 per month and This is not including taxes.Plus on top of the package that i chose i have (4)Extra boxes because i have four bedroom's in my home.I do not think AT&T nor Directv is over chargeing their customers,I think that the customer is not aware of how much their monthly bill is before all the different taxes get's added to their monthly bill.Do your homework.First find out which package you have chosen.Then add all the taxes that are charged after the total amount of the bill is figured out and Guess what you will have the total amount of your monthly bill plus you will find out that you have not been over charged at all.Also you can down grade your package at anytime and Not be charged for the downgrade.This is so simple.You get what you chose nothing more nothing less.If you cannot afford the bundle then please by all means seperate your bundle service.And by the way,No i do not work for AT&T or Directv i just have "Common Sense".I know what i can afford each month and I work with that.

Back in the day (lol) TV was free but you only had 6 0r 7 channels. The sposors paid with ads.

Now we pay and get 5 mins of comercials for every 2 mins of programing. How much of this *** are we willing to put up with?

to fedup mack Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #957302

You are Right On with your observation!

Columbia, South Carolina, United States #663030

We have been DTv customers for 15 years. Yes, when it rains hard, the tv goes out and we've had remote costs.

However, none of this happened until we moved 8 years ago.

We were looking at bundling because urt Internet and phone costs us 140.00 a month plus our DTV bill. After reading, I do not think we will bundle but cut off landline.

AT&T have the worst customer service the tellyou one thing and they do onother, to charge more for the service :(

:( :( :(

RIP OFF--have bundle with ATT(phone & internet..want to charge $49.00 dollars per month just for the home phone which was advertised at $6.99 a month..will not correct the amount agreed on signing up.

will NOT recommend to anyone! Customer service is HORRIBLE!!!

to Dude Vero Beach, Florida, United States #590616

JUST GOT MY FIRST BILL FOR ATT (PHONE & INTERNET) BILL TOTALS $109.48 INTERNET IS SUPPOSEDLY $14.95.... WHICH MEANS PHONE SERVICE COSTS $94.53!!!

HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS? I HATE HATE HATE ATT, WILL NEVER RECOMMEND AGAIN TO ANYONE. THIS WAS A BUNDLE "SPECIAL" WITH DIRECT TV, NOW WONDERING WHAT THAT BILL WILL BE. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXISTING.

ALSO SPENT MANY HOURS ON MANY DAYS TRYING TO GET STRAIGHT ANSWER.

TODAY, THE BILL ARRIVED!! I AM TOTALLY PISSED!!

to Sweets Orland Park, Illinois, United States #773958

I have the same problem with AT&T and Direct TV. What a rip off!!

Did you ever get any resolution and how? I'm so tired of calling AT&T and being put on hold and disconnected.

Wasting way too many hours on phone just to get frustrated and no resolution.

"they tell you your phone number is going to be unlisted, but I know they send your phone number to all the bill collectors you owe money to and get a kickback from it i'm sure

I am a professional bill collector and I can assuse you this does not happen. It is highly illegal.

We simply run your social security number through skip tracing software and find your number that way. If we were to call 411 or visit 411.com or whitepages.com your number most likely would not show up.

When I went with Direct TV they told me I could record and view from any room in the house. Well, when it was installed I can only do it in my bedroom (of all rooms) The service is terrible.

If it is raining,forget watching the weather or anything else. If you are recording and the wind is blowing or itis raining the picture is distorted and not where you can watch it.

My biggest complaint is not being able to watch the shows I want because I can never find them. The search stinks. I have the big package but every time I go to a channel it tells me to call in that it is unavailable.

Well, call to a machine that tells you everything except what you want and never talk to a real person. I had dish before and it was much better but I decided to try you because of the specials you were running, well those didn't work out either.

#452028

I had Direct Tv years ago and the service went out just about every time it rained. Just moved to a new home and thought I would give them a try again since the rates looked appealing.

Long story short - they "bundled" me with AT&T internet (1st bill is >$200 for internet service alone!!) and the lady that set me up at Direct Tv for satellite said I would have 12 months of the Premier program package for $38.99/month and total bill would be fifty something (don't remember exact amount). First Direct Tv bill came in at almost $80 and I just got off the phone with their "ACE" (Advanced Customer Experience) representative who was useless. He says there is nothing he can do and does not know where the lady came up with the rates and on top of that, I only have one more "discounted" bill before the rate jumps up another $46. If I cancel now it will cost me >$400.

I asked him if he could read the comments from the Direct Tv representative that set me up and he said no. He was useless and definitely NOT "Advanced" for customer experience.

I CANNOT WAIT to get rid of this company..will probably downgrade to the basic plan, get rid of all but one receiver and change back to Dish. I always had excellent customer service with them!

Almost a sucker.... I would not trust them,keep an eye on whatever account you gave them because DTV has been known to charge early termination fees even though you cancelled their service within the allowed time frame. They often say they did not get the cancellation request and will charge your account.

Thanks for the feedback. I will be sure stay way away from ATT and DirectTV.

A DirecTV sales person approached me at Best Buy and offered me a deal that sounded too good to be true. I kept asking, "What's the catch?" and after looking at the math, the DirecTV/internet bundle was going to save me $40/month.

So, I signed up. Upon returning home and reviewing all of the documentation he had given me I noticed that it does not reference internet service AT ALL. I called their customer service and was informed that the deal he sold me does NOT include internet service at all.

I canceled the service the same day and avoided any/all fees and two years of frustration too! Don't get scammed like I almost did!

I had Direct tv for 3 yrs and the service was terrible. When it rained hard there was no picture.

The remote broke and they told me to check the battey(DAAAAAA) they charged me for a new one to be shipped for to me.

Then when I closed my acct a month later after i paid the final bill, I was billed again as they claimed I had 150 worth of ppv charges that they eroneously not billed to my account. Stay away from Direct garbage or you will wind up kicking yourself in the ***!!!!!!