August 8, 2017, I received what looked like a valid phone call from Direct TV.Phone Number 1-800-531-5000 called about a 2 yr Promotional Offer for $74.99.

Person selling the deal said I would receive all Premier Channels, HBO, Starz, Encore and Sports Channel and upgrades. All I had to do was go purchase an Amazon Prepaid Gift Card for $300.00 this would pay for the first 4 months. I was given a Promotion Code DTV1062-533 and was told to call back this 1-888-996-7826 and they would then complete the transaction. Oh and as a perk they were going to send me a $100.00 Visa Gift Card in return.

The Direct TV person was insistent that I call back same day. Beware people.

Never pay upfront for any promotion deal or give away your personnel information.This a big scam.

Review about: Directv Deal.

Reason of review: telephone scam.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Sorry to say I fell for it...I feel so *** now!The call even came in from a DirectTv number!

I have no idea how they did it.Does anyone know a way to stop payment or anything???

I received this same phone call and a Middle Eastern Man and he tried hard get $280 now...SCAM!!!!!

to Ken Dice #1363481

Confirmed with Direct TV, THIS IS A SCAM AND PROMOTION IS NOT OFFERED FROM THEM.