Direct TV's web site advertised a $20.00 a month rebate for a year to sign up. A Direct TV installer gave me a phone number. I called, they answered "Direct TV". I asked about the rebate and they said "No Problem". I asked about the "$50. finders fee" because my brother referred me. They said "no problem-just get the form from the installer". I signed up. The installer said he was out of forms and call customer service. I called customer service and they said the rebate would show up in 4-8 weeks but there was no form for the $50.00. That had to be done prior to installation.

6 weeks later a $10.00 rebate showed up on the bill. I called customer service and they said all I could get was $10.00 because I dealt with some kind of agent of theirs. I told them to come take out their equipment and he said I only had 3 days from sign up to do that without penalty.

I wrote Direct TV and some women called me back and agreed that when dealing with Direct TV you need to "Read the small print". She said all companies were like this. In my 70 years on this earth, this is the first company I've dealt with that did me this way.

The moral of the story is: When dealing with DirectTV, get everything in writing before agreeing with anything.

Review about: Directv Installation.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments