I signed up for Direct TV to be billed thru Quest at $33.a month, when I recieved a bill for $72.00 for the first month from Direct TV I called numerous times to streighten this out and was told tough that is the way it is.

After informaing them I could not aford that and would not agree to the new price (thus new contract) and therefore would not pay it, service was cancelled.I now get calls from a collection agency saying I owethem $350 for early cancellation of a contract that I neveragreed to.I write the Agency and tell them only to find months later a new collection agency has gotten it and it starts all over.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #84096

Direct TV

Corporate Office

Ms. Ellen Filipiak

Sr. VP, Customer Care

2230 East Imperial Highway

El Segundo, CA 90245

Direct TV "hides" this address but I found it! Bombard Ms. Filipiak with your complaints! Maybe, just maybe, they will realize JUST HOW BAD their service is and make changes. They hire and train people to be TOTALLY INCOMPETENT and then tie to you exorbitant contracts when they fail to provide the type of service that is expected.

If the industries won't police themselves, we, as consumers, have an obligation to. Also, contact your local Consumer Protection Agency (listed on County Gov't websites) with your complaints. These "monopolies" are ILLEGAL and the Consumer has to stand up for their rights.

I recently had the same thing happen with Charter when I subscribed to their "bundle". Instead of me saving $40 per month as we agreed they billed me for $20 more than I was paying before for cable, internet, and telephone.

I had asked them for an e-mail or letter to confirm the prices at the time I took out the service but never got one.

We're still negotiating the monthly premium and I am about to jump ship.