I made the colossal mistake of signing on to Direct TV and Bundled Services through Verizon Telephone.This was a BIG MISTAKE in every sense of the word.

After multiple billing errors, including Direct TV adding the NFL package which I had not requested, I cancelled service with both. Verizon Bundeled misadventure then told Direct TV I owed a final bill. Direct TV sent this bill. This is maybe 3 months after I had started contacting them by phone telling them I hadn't ordered the NFL package and them verbally promising me they would make a correction.

Well, all the sudden the record of the phone calls and promises disappeared. And, they never issued the credit. After another 3 months, they issued the credit minus the amount that Verizon had said I owed as a final bill. I got part of my money back.

Now, they are again charging me the same amount they subtracted from what they owed me, they deleted 12 dollars clamining it was some type of contract thing with VERIZON, and they are billing me for a pay for view from a year ago plus movies from when I dc'd their services. These people are like a virus you can't get rid of. And, I'm still getting junk mail that they want me back. I have been told by aquaintances they just pay the bills to keep their credit okay.

I suspect this is something these companies take advantage of. And, this charging for things you didn't order. If it's happeneing more than once, why isn't it being persued as a fraud issue?

For each excuse me I'll correct this, how many people has it been swept under the rug with?

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Same thing happened to me.After reviewing my account they have "automatically" signed me up for NFL ticket.

I don't even watch football, no time. So, I called customer service and spent 2 hours on the phone and talk to 4 people 3 out of the country.

If you have direct tv check your billing.They've stole over a thousand dollars from me and my family now.

Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States #702302

We also have a Direct TV fraudulent charge on out Century Link bill. They have charged us $44.95 plus tax for a PPV viewing on August 25 that WE DON'T WANT and DIDN'T ORDER. There is no direct phone number for Direct TV

HOW DO WE CANCEL THIS FRAUDULENT CHARGE?

Several years after I had direct TV, I still think they stink.I hear frequent complaints in the community.

They are a company no one should do business with.The service can be obtained from other companies that do provide adequate customer service.

My sister is a victim of Alabama's devastating F5 tornado that hit Phil Campbell.She lost her home, vehicle and all belongings, and unfortunately the Direct TV BOX!!!!

Our guess is that it is somewhere in the trees with everything else. She has been fighting with them since april 28th 2011 ( the tornado was the 27th ) about her bill and charges that are not accurate by any means!!! I feel it is a sad,inhumane, immoral, act by Direct TV to inflict more suffering on her, when each time she calls they promise to adjust the bill to the right amount. Instead, she receives more mixed up bills, now containg late notiice.

I look for them to try to ruin her credit before this is over.This seems criminal to me

Six months of lip service.Billing continues to charge me more than we agreed to.

Each month a new rep. + an hour of wasted time.

This is nothing less than fraud.I hope a class action suit is filed - count me in!

Beware!!of the contract that Direct TV claims you signed to get their service.

After the installation is finished the Direct TV installer will have you sign a one page piece of paper. That yellow or pink receipt you sign, which you think is just a receipt, says by signing it you agree to all of the conditions in Direct TV's on line contract. That online contract that you have never seen, says that you have now agreed to never take Direct TV to court if there is dispute with them; it also says that if there is a dispute wth Direct TV over billing you agree to binding arbitration with an arbitrator of their choosing ; that you, the customer pays the arbritrator up to $125 for that arbitrator to decide your billing dispute with Direct T.V. This on line contract also says that if you terminate your service early that Direct TV can charge the early termination fee to any credit card they have on file for you or that they can take the money directly from your bank account without any notice to you.

This early termination fee can be thousands of dollars depending on what you agreed to pay per month.That on line contract also says that you agree to stay with Direct TV for at least two years.

Beware!!of the contract that Direct TV claims you signed to get their service.

After the installation is finished the Direct TV installer will have you sign a one page piece of paper. That yellow or pink receipt you sign, which you think is just a receipt, says by signing it you agree to all of the conditions in Direct TV's on line contract. That online contract that you have never seen, says that you have now agreed to never take Direct TV to court if there is dispute with them; it also says that if there is a dispute wth Direct TV over billing you agree to binding arbitration with an arbitrator of their choosing ; that you, the customer pays the arbritrator up to $125 for that arbitrator to decide your billing dispute with Dirct T.V. This on line contract also says that if you terminate your service early that Direct TV can charge the early termination fee to any credit card they have on file for you or that they can take the money directly from your bank account without any notice to you.

this early termination fee can be thousands of dollars depending on what you agreed to pay per month.That on line contract also says that you agree to stay with Dirct TV for at least two years.

they are fradulent they want money for services not provided.

i never cancelled never fell behind and they wanted to bill me for one yr and not provide service.

i have several inches thick. they are criminal and getting away with it.

i have complaint with FTC and attorney general but they say they have no authority but can document.

is there an attorney doing a class action?

I am going to guess that the last remark was made by someone working for Direct TV.Reminds me of the person I talked to once at Direct TV.

(I thought he was the guy who played on Ugly Betty that prides himeself on being****.) Anyway, who mentioned a DVR or a card that I received. I didn't get any of this. I noticed when I spoke with their representative, he kept trying to deflect what the original complaint was. Did the same with the BBB.

I still get offers saying they want me back. No amount of Savings...not...would get me to do business with them.

And, I pass my information on to any neighbor I know.They're not worth the trouble.

realist

okay I was not going to coment on this one because I figured the person writting it was just ***, but I figured what the *** the ones commenting on it ar enot much brighter.So here it is, you say that they sent it to you which tells me that you had to call the company YOURSELF and activate the receiver ALL BY YOURSELF.

If you were any kind of educated person at all you would have noticed that on the back of the access card THAT YOU YOURSELF ACTIVATED, it states that by activating this receiver you agree to the terms and conditions of the directv customer agreement. AND OH you stated no where that they charged you for the dvr at all, and since I can tell that you are petty and complain without having facts in line, you would have said something if you actaully had to pay the $100 for the dvr, so that means that the gave it to you for free!!! THOSE INCONSIDERATE BASTARDS, giving you the receiver for free and access to reading all the nessary terms and conditions of activating this receiver and the upholding you to those terms.

It sounds like YOU dropped the ball and failed to educate yourself.But of course no one wants to take the blame on themselves, why not complain about a company who actually truely had 7.6 million satisfied customer and wins the j.d powers and associate award for customer serve year after Year after Year after year.