I contracted with Direct TV for 24 months ..for a package that included Cloo. If I cancel that contract prior to 24 months, Direct TV would consider it a Breach of Contract...and I would incur a penalty.

How can Direct TV remove a channel I contracted for..... a set period ( 24 months).....at a set monthly price..and not be in violation of their contractual obligation to me? They want me to pay extra for the remaining months on my original contract for Cloo...or go without...or pay a substantial penalty to cancel if I go with one of their competitors.

I would consider paying the additional charge ..AT THE END OF MY CONTRACT PERIOD...BUT NOT BEFORE..........

I would hope that whatever regulatory agency (agencies) that oversee these companies would intervene......or that a class action lawsuit for breach of contract would force Direct TV to reinstate the original package many of their subscribers contracted for.

At the very least, they should be required by law to void any early cancellation penalties if they change

their packages in the middle of an individuals contract.

Review about: Directv Tv Package.

Comments

Tucson, Arizona, United States #1279544

I absolutely agree with you. Directv does add channels to the original contract, but that is their decision, and we do not have to watch them.

To remove a channel, then ask us to now pay for it when it was included in our original contract, is just not good business. There are far too many options for television providers for Directv to behave in this cavilier manner and may also, as you pointed out, be in violation of their contract.

Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States #708461

When Dish dropped Cloo I realized that customer satisfaction and choice were not really important with those clucks. They kept Al Jazeera.

They kept the socialist nozzle network FSTV. But when it came to simple choices for entertaining reruns and drama, the count just went from 5 to 4 unless you want to watch LMN or one of the agenda networks. That's the equiv. of dropping HBO by two channels.

You work all day, you want to watch something entertaining and mindless like Monk, what cha gonna do.

PS- Entertainment remains a needed commodity to sustain modern society, so sustain already. :cry

Erie, Pennsylvania, United States #698619

The dish network just cancelled Cloo. This sucks that they can just do whatever they want with no regulations

Kansas City, Missouri, United States #631096

Hey I know I'm late to this party ,,, but don't let direct-tv BS u , NBC owns cloo . Look it up, cloo was formerly the sleuth , NBC rebranded it in 08 , the channel became popular with customers on direct-tv. Which in turn causes direct to change programming and make money off the channel :eek , weird I know that's how business make money, and they know they can get it :roll , 3$ or 6 $ upgrade packege a month to get 100channels ,) , even though u just want the 1 , 6$ is what some of u spend on ur coffee at star bucks every morning , think about it :? , wake up 10 mins earlier . And make your own coffee 3 days a week and save 18 $ there is 3 mths of ur upgrade package ! *** count the useless *** u spend 6$ on a day and think , this 6$ would get me 30 days of what some of u said is 40% of your tv watching and bonding time ! That 6$ becomes priceless :grin ! I know I spend 6$ on some *** useless *** atleast once a week minimum. So I know we can all be pissed off :( and complain and yell and be mad till your blue :eek in the face, but when you look at what some if not all of us spent 6$ on a day or every other day , week , ect,,,, it's not that bad ,,, 72$ a year ,, some of us blow that on a bar tab on a Saturday night . 72$ is a nite out to dinner anymore . So if you like the cloo channel as much as all y'all say think about 6$ and 72$ a year . And think about all the useless *** u could do without a month to save 72$ and all the yrs u can have the channel !!!!!! . Sorry y'all I just don't see the need in complaining when it's not that hard to change a couple spending habits or even stay home a couple nights a month to save the $$$ to pay for that channel and soooo much more , I'm not a preacher by no means , I'm not a sales men thought I have worked in that area , I'm just a disabled army vet that that gets paid once a month and figured out along time ago , that people can complain and be pissed about stuff they have no control over all want too , but it's the few people that learn to adapt and move-on with the changes , and learn to change some of their own things to adapt to the new.

Like the old saying goes ,,, why cry over spilled milk? Nothing you can do about it now , no reason to stand there and yell about it , just pick up a towel and clean it up , move on , ...... Remember it's just a channel, , it's just 6$ or give up a star bucks coffee or stoppin at a fast food for break fast , or stay in 1 Saturday night , one 72$ bar saved pays for a year !!

Just stop and think people quit complaining , or do something about it, direct-tv will be around with or without your business, 17 million in the US

Direct-tv will still gain customers cuz cable is overpriced and dish blows.

Maybe it's just the military in me , but complaining never gets anything done, actions do , canceling accounts? Really? You people canceled at that time while they gained probably 2-6 accounts , they gain anywhere from 2-17new or comeback accounts daily with the loss of accounts at avg of13 a month I'd say they have the upper hand.

So do some spending changes or get over it!! 6$ a month is well worth bonding time with my wife son or daughter , any day I'd give that up !

Direct TV is getting worse and worse. Removing Cloo was the last straw.

I'm going with Satellite Direct as soon as I can. Direct TV can rot for all I care.

im ticked ! :( its ridiculous that they drop this channel yet the price keeps going up!!!

LOST CLOO whats the deal with that remove channels and raise the price :( :( :(

Right there with you. I called today-they said it would cost more and by the way why dont' you get a package with Showtime and Stars.

I had what I wanted before they messed with it.The prices are already prohibitive. And they are constantly calling to sell me a sports package...If I wanted a freaking sports package I would let them know. I can do without and really don't like the uncustomary service.

And will start looking for another service. It's not like there are not more choices.

I am P.O'd. Cloo was good for late night and early morning viewing, when other channels were paid programming. May have to look into another provider.If you take something away, shouldn't the cost be lower?

As I was kindly informed by a very polite and professional dtv rep today and it is true..dtv contracts state that they reserve the right to change packages and programming at any time,and I don't know why u ppl can't read but I got a notice in my bill out the prices increase and the channel change so all I have to say is maybe some ppl need to ask questions and read!

I also am very upset with this cloo channel being removed.That's all that seems to be happening in this world is pay more and get less.Just might have to switch .

I too am al loyal customer of over 12 years and just got off the phone with Directv customer service who graciously offered to upgrade me to the the choice ultimate package for another $6.00 a month just to get back the cloo channel that was in my current package lastmonth at $3.00 less. Then they had the audacity to tell me that I'd need to pay a penalty if I cancelled my subscription before the contract ended, and that they can increase the price and/or modify the packages at any time without notice.

What a crock. I agree with the others, we should all downgrade to the lowest package to keep the money out of DTV's greedy hands.

hollins1

AS I STATED ON SATURDAY,DIRECTV HAS INCREASED THEIR PACKAGE'S.IF YOUR MONTHLY BILL HAS NOT INCREASED AS OF YET,WAIT UNTIL YOUR NEXT BILLING STATEMENT AND YOU WILL SEE THE INCREASE.I JUST HAPPEN TO GO ONLINE SATURDAY TO CHECK MY ACCOUNT AND ALL OF A SUDDEN I SAW THE NEW PRICE'S FOR ALL THE PACKAGE'S THAT DIRECTV HAS TO OFFER.I TELEPHONED DIRECTV AND ASKED WHY?WAS I NOT NOTIFIED OF THE INCREASE BEFORE IT OCCURED.I WAS TOLD THEY COULD INCREASE AT ANY TIME THEY CHOOSE.OK.WHAT I DID WAS DOWNSIZE TO A LOWER PACKAGE.BEFORE DOWNSIZING MY PACKAGE.I WAS TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER PERSON IN ANOTHER DEPARTMENT WHO TRYED TO TALK ME OUT OF DOWNSIZING MY ACCOUNT.THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP.WANTED TO KNOW WHY?I WAS DOWNSIZING.NUMBER ONE DIRECTV SHOW'S THE SAME MOVIES TO OFTEN.IT SEEM'S AS IF THEY NEVER SWITCH THEIR MOVIE'S.AND I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE SAME MOVIES OVER AND OVER FOR SO LONG,UNTIL I SAID ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.I REFUSE TO PAY ANY MORE MONEY TO DIRECTV FOR THEIR SORRY SERVICE.I STILL HAVE DIRECTV BUT BELIEVE ME THEY WILL NEVER GET OVER A $100.00 FROM ME AGAIN.I'M NOT LYING DOWN,I AM STANDING UP IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.AND I REFUSE TO BE HAD LIKE THAT.

Been a customer for 17 years. Yep, since 1995. Cloo was 40% of my viewing time, and quality time with my kid.

I canceled DTV completely today for *trying* to pull a Netflix/BofA on me. There's nothing stopping them from pulling 100 channels off my package to push me up to gain $3 a month. They tried to BS me that Cloo demanded that Cloo got placed in a higher package, and that I'd get some additional crappy movie channels I didn't care about - that was the final straw. Now that they are wiping the Internet clean of program alternatives, they think they have us over a barrel.

You want more money for licensing/profit, DTV, get it from new subscribers, not people like me that paid for the satellites you put up.

yea its unfortunate that people lose the channels they love.. but if people want to be mad at the price increase, contact the station and tell them to stop charging dtv more and prices wont have to change

I just got off an interminible call with the so-called service dept of Direct TV. No answer why anyone would pay extra for Cloo when it consists of reruns and ads.

Terrible customer service. Can't understand the reason behind this since all of these programs are found for free elsewhere on Direct TV.

I might look into uverse, but if anyone thinks Dish or Cable will treat them better or provide the same quality you are kidding yourself.

Just downgraded to their lowest package because of this. Cloo was one of the only reasons I kept that package.

I encourage us all to switch down a package or two and let this *** plan backfire. Once you live without a channel for a week or two, you won't miss it anyway!

Waiting for my contract to EXPIRE!

To duh, maybe we don't read all the fine print, but so what, we have the right to complain, lets keep complainig, lets get the word out, were not happy!

julie. direct tv is still paying for that channel did u not read.

its just not in the certain package n only in the higher priced channel package therefore they are still in contract with that channel. they just want us to pay more