Three months ago our Direct TV receiver died. We got a new one from them (refurbished), but it was not HD. Not a problem, we do not use HDTV service. THings were fine for months. Today the TV says "low digital signal" ... so I called, did all the recommended re-sets, and finally spoke to a customer service rep who told me it was the HD cable we were using to connect to the TV (it is not compatible with the receiver)

I explained that things had been fine for months, so it was unlikely that the cable was the issue. When the only fix he could offer was for me to drive to Radio Shack to buy a new cable, I asked to speak with a supervisor. 35 minutes later, I explained this all again to the supervisor. After he too insisted it must be the cable, I again explained that did not make sense since it had worked for MONTHS and had been fine. He then went to look things up (another 10 minutes) and came back and said that I would need to go to Radio Shack to buy some kind of a converter. I then explained to him that I was the CUSTOMER, not the repair person. I could not quite grasp why I needed to go out and buy the equipment to repair their equipment. It took a while for him to grasp that concept. He left again and came back.

This time, he cam and offered to send a repair person. Good, I thought. But then he went on to insist that this was a big exception to policy and that I had not purchased repair insurance for $49.95 and they would not warantee the work. I tried not to lose it as I again explained to him that I am a CUSTOMER and I am buying a service and I will go to another vendor if the service stinks. I am beyond the discount period and have been paying full price for quite a while. I expect that there will be service provided, not that I have to pay extra.

He did not understand that, so I asked to cancel my service. Even the cancellation person did not get it.

Customer. Buying a Service. I do not expect to pay for it over and over.

Use HULU

Use Library

Review about: Directv Receiver.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments