One of the worst buying decisions I have ever made.Entire experience has been a disaster.

Took 3 installers to get it right. Customer service couldn't figure out the problem was a standard receiver on an HD TV. Charged us $300 to upgrade receivers that their retailer ordered incorrectly. Couldn't cancel even though we weren't up and running correctly - cancellation period is 24 hours!!!

How is that for confidence in your service?? Were told that there was no longer an issue with getting the signal in a storm.

but we have lost service in both the thunderstorms.We have been lied to ON NUMEROUS occasions and hung up on!!

Review about: Directv Receiver.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

I too was a customer of DTV for 5 months of pure ***!Lost service everytime it rained or even if the wind blew very hard.DirectTV tries their best to scam the customer every way they can like charging for repairing their own equipment and any upgrade in equipment creates another 2 yrs on your contract. When calling customer service,plan on taking at least 2-3 hours. The best addvice for any new customer is to change or close the account DTV has on file for you and get a prepaid card and give them this # for their records because they demand to have a # on file,never sign up for auto bill pay.This will save you a great deal of problems later on if you decide to cancel service,they will not be able to automatically charge your account a big fee.

I am a happy DirecTV customer.I agree that some installers are not too good, but usually the next is great (did three times..

moved once and switch to HD Dish).

I suggest you calm down and call customer service and explain it - they have always done everything to make it right for me when I called - for the past decade.

moved once and switch to HD Dish).