1.7K views

I was a Direct TV Customer for over 6 years.Having issues with the receivers they sent me, they sent me a leased machine.

What I did not know at the time and never agreed to was that when they sent me the leased machine, they also put me in a two year contract. About a month or two getting the new machine, I cancelled my service because I was still having machine issues. About a month later I get a $300+ charge to my bank account. I ask why they changed me and it was for a early cancellation fee on my contract.

I said I never signed a new contract and that I had been a customer since 2002 and should not have a contract. I challenged them to show me where I verbally or signed a new contract.

They just said they would not refund me my money.

I am hitting all the complaint boards and BBB and considering spending the money on a small claims suit.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

my husband is deployed to the middle east and i'm trying to cancel the service because i'm moving...they're trying to tell me that because the account is under my name, i have to pay the $250 cancellation fee!!!...they say since i'm not the one in the military!!!! I WOULDN'T BE MOVING IF IT WASN'T BECAUSE OUR MILITARY LIFESTYLE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

I hate direct tv.I'm moving to a place that doesn't allow you to have an outside dish.

So i called dtv in order to cancell my accout since i don't have any other choice. They told me i have to pay early determination fee of $20 for remaining 8 months.

It's adsurd to pay $160, because my new place doesn't allow dish.Help!!!

DirectV Cancellation Policy horrible in my opinion.

I am a 10 year customer at Directv.

I am sincerely frustrated with their customer service policy. I have always looked at customer service as an important way to maintain customers. I "suspended" my service back in late August. I then forgot to call in after the six months were up (Busy running a company in a new location).

I then received an invoice 2 months later informing me that i owe for $318.00. I called to hopefully get this resolved and was told different things from different people. At the end I was told I needed to pay the entire $318.44 (two months worth of service I didn't use). Not only that, but I am being asked to pay for 2009 (not 2010) NFL package first payment even though I was in my "suspension" period starting mid August.

I ended up getting a supervisor. I spent over an hour going back and forth with little success. I will say he was professional and good at saying he thinks my argument makes sense, but he clearly doesn't have the latitude or customer service to make a decision. When I asked to speak to someone who has the latitude to make a decision, he told me that no one was available.

He said that "Jose" would call me back. He would not give me "Jose's ID#. So, now I am left to wait for "Jose" to call me back. In the meantime, I am paying a fee everyday for my service (that I haven’t used since last August).

I also need to pay an additional...

DirectV’s customer service policies are woeful at best and criminal at worst in my opinion.What kind of company operates like this?

I too have had a bad expierence with direct tv I had direct tv for over 6 years.I bought a new tv so I went to a local retailer who sells direct tv I told him I needed a new reciever.

He sells me one and says nothing about a new contract. A month later when I get my bill im suprised to see I dont even own it the reciever is leased. Oh well. Well then 3 months later when I change my service to dish net to get a free HD upgrade (existing direct tv coustmers are not eligible for) I call direct tv to cancell my service the lady tells me fine but you will have to return the reciever you bought 3 months ago so I do.

Then I recieve a bill for 250$ early cancellation fee. I called cs and they I tell them I never agreed to or signed a contract they told me I didnt have to by buying a new reciever I automatically entered into a new agreement. I have refused to pay it. They now have me in collections and the bill is now 450$.

Im still fight them.They are crooks!!!

I am in the military and transferred to base housing for 6 months.I asked DirectTV that if I canceled after the 6 months due to moving, would there be a charge.

Well now the 6 months is up and I went to cancel my service and I am being charged 400 dls for the cancellation.

Nedd some help here..Please

#122000

I am in the process of cancellling.I have been scared.

This is crazy. There is a lady in Arkansas trying to process a law suite against Direct TV. I will let you all know how it goes.

Oh yeah, I've been a customer 3 years, but the channels are not good.Paying too much money.

#120558

My sister got the early termation fee removed from her credit report by reporting the badge number and conversations she had with CS reps and disputing the charge on her credit report.

This is good news to me, because there is no way I am paying the early termination fee for these people. I have a contract that I am 14 months into, and they just doubled my monthly payment. When I called to ask what they thought they were doing, the CS rep said that they under no obligation to provide service at any set fee. I told her that when I signed up I asked Chad how much this was going to cost and he gave me a price. I told him specifically, sure I want this service for that price. Since that is the only thing I agreed to, that is the only thing I they can legally hold me liable for.

The CS tried to argue with me about this, but I know my facts here- it is illegal to charge you for something if you did not agree to pay for it.

This practice is called bait and switch (lure you in and then change the terms after your stuck) It is VERY illegal and you don't have to put up with it, pay the early termination fees, or have it ruin your credit long term.

Dispute the validity of the debt as soon as it shows up on your report. Since what they are doing is illegal, it will work.

Short & Sweet-They are S O B's

IN MAY MY FATHER DIED AND HE HAD DIRECT TV WAS A RIP OFF.WHEN HE DIED I CALLED THEM SO THEY CANCELLED HIS ACCOUNT AND BILLED HIS CREDIT CARD FOR THE AMOUNT OF THE CANCELLATION FEE AND EQUIPTMENT FEE.

AFTER CALLING FOR EVER AND EVER FINALLY I GOT A FAX NUMBER TO FAX THE DEATH CERT TO AND IT TOOK 8 WEEKS TO CREDIT HIS CARD BACK. 8 WEEK THIS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL. WHY ISNT IT.

THEY SURE CAN DEBIT YOUR CARD IN A FEW MINUTES BUT WHEN THEY HAVE TO CREDIT IT BACK THEY LIE AND NEVER DO IT OR IT TAKES SO LONG.DO NOT GET DIRECT TV.

DIRECT TV IS THE WORST,BUT IS ONE OF THE CHEAPEST.I GUESS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME FOR A SERVICE CALL THAT I DID NOT ASK FOR,THEY SEND ME A BAD RECEVER AND WHEN I CONTACTED THEM THEY SEND ME A TECH.,HE CAME REPLACE THE BOX,AND NOW I`M SUPPOSE TO PAY FOR THE MISTAKE THEY MADE.