1.7K views

I was a Direct TV Customer for over 6 years.Having issues with the receivers they sent me, they sent me a leased machine.

What I did not know at the time and never agreed to was that when they sent me the leased machine, they also put me in a two year contract. About a month or two getting the new machine, I cancelled my service because I was still having machine issues. About a month later I get a $300+ charge to my bank account. I ask why they changed me and it was for a early cancellation fee on my contract.

I said I never signed a new contract and that I had been a customer since 2002 and should not have a contract. I challenged them to show me where I verbally or signed a new contract.

They just said they would not refund me my money.

I am hitting all the complaint boards and BBB and considering spending the money on a small claims suit.

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Livingston Manor, New York, United States #5471

The exact same thing happened to me.I called them, went round and round and all they said is it should be on your receipt from best buy.

What happened in my case is that I bought a new tv and wanted hd channels. Well b/c dtv is so crapy I had to purchase a new box. I bought the box! They never told me it was leased and took it upon themselves to extend my contract.

I cancelled earlier this month and got charge a 125.00 fee. I have called several times and there response today was well look at your receipt from best buy it should say that it is leased and extends your contract. Well guess what, It doesnt! So not only did they not inform me of this, and I also challenged them to show me proof of where I agreed to this and they couldnt provide anything they just took the money out of my account.

I am also going to file a lawsuit against them.The have idiots working for them and the customer should not be punished because of it!