About 6 months after signing on equipment failures began happening.They sent a new receiver to replace one that broke - it took a 4 hr phone call to get it working.

During the call I asked the rep how to send the broken receiver back and was told I didn't need to - "put it in recycle" said the clerk. Two months later I was charge around $125 because I did not return the receiver. That same month, another receiver broke. I just removed it and put that tv on local antenna service.

I fiind it is just easier not to have to call them because who has time for such lengthy phone calls - not I. I run a small business and it is just not profitable to spend hours on the phone with these people. This morning I was forced to call because my bridge failed. We got that fixed without too much trouble and then since I am preparing to move I inquired about how moving would affect my contract and was told I still had another year on my contract!!!

Apparently, when they send replacement equipment for faulty equipment they automatically extend your contract without your permission. Now I am waiting for a"contract specialist" to call me back to get this resolved. They are looking the same recording in which they could not find to verify I was told not to return the broken receiver for which they later charged me - so it will be interesting what they find now that it is to their advantage to find it. The thing is, I regretted my decision to go with Direct TV the day they put in in so I am quite certain I did not willingly extend my contract.

I can't stand this company and because of my experience with them I will now drop all my other ATT accounts , ie, phone and internet.

Even though I've had good service with those things, I just can't support anything connected with Direct TV anymore.WORST COMPANY EVER!

Review about: Directv Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Extended my contract without my approval.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments