Marina, California

ATT OFFERED ME CABLE PACKAGE I ASKED THE LADY FOR MY FAVORITE CHANNEL AND SHE SAID I WILL HAVE IT ,LATER SHE TRANSFERED ME WITH DIRECT TV AND THEY SAID I WOULD HAVE MY FAVORITE CHANNEL BUT I HAVEN'T AFTER THAT I CALLED THEM AND THEY SAID I NEEDED TO UPGRADE MY PACKAGE TO HAVE THE CHANNEL BUT I REFUSED BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO PAY MORE I TOLD THEM I WANT TO CANCEL AND THEY SAID I WOULDN'T PAY ANY FEE, BUT THE LADY TOLD ME THEY WANTED TO HELP ME SHE OFFERED ME TO UPGRADE MY PACKAGE AND THEY WOULD GIVE ME $23.00 REBATE FOR ONE YEAR NOT TRUE MY BILL IS HIGH I'M SO DEPRESSED BECAUSE WHEN I CALLED AGAIN THEY SAID I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR THE REBATE I TRIED TO CANCEL BUT THEY SAID I HAVE TO PAY $480.00 PENALTY THEY FORCED ME TO STAY WITH THEIR SERVICE FOR TWO YEARS AND I DON'T HAVE MY FAVORITE CHANNEL AND NO REBATE ...BECAREFUL IF YOU ARE DEALING WITH THEM AFTER YOU SIGN UP THE CONTRACT THEY DO WHATEVER THEY WANT ...BEWARE ...PLEASE

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

I'm having similar problems.There's a difference between Direct TV and DIRECTV.

The second company runs the scams you were discussing.

So, how do we all get help?Where do we go to report this?

I have had directv for over ten years and never had a problem.Maybe it depends on what state you are in.

When i want to cancel my service for any given reason, they would always offer me three months of free Hbo, stars or whatever i wanted.Maybe you should check again.

We are having our nightmare with them as well.They quoted a price to my wife and she agreed.

They came and set it up and when we got our first bill a week later it was much higher than we agreed upon. So we told them to turn it off. They say they have no such offer as what we were quoted.

But to not continue they are going to hit us with the $400 something fee.These people are criminals plain and simple.