$39.95 promotion not given.

Purchased for my 84-old parents.

Sent in rebate via internet the same night I ordered the service.

1 - Cancelled Showtime in January - was told it would be taken care of. Still on bill as of March/April billing. Direct-TV has no record of the call, but said they are taking care of charge for March/April.

Called in February about the $73.00 billing- was told the promotional amount would kick in after 3 months of the normal billing. Had the same charge deducted from my credit card for March/April. Was told that there was no record of the rebate. Asked for the corporate office number - after trying to give me the customer service number, they informed me they did not have the corporate office number. Said they would escalate the call and have someone look to see if I tried to enter the rebate. Asked for a call back, was told they could not guarantee it.

I am burning mad - Anyone interested in a class-action lawsuit?

In February, contacted about when $39.95 promotion would kick in

Review about: Directv Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Signed up for $35 a month service. Guy showed up and hooked up DTV box. Said it would be $100 for the box, and that was the first I'd heard of it. Of course by then, it's already hooked up and you're on your way to what I call DTV ***.

Got my first monthly bill. $386.00.

You read that right... $386 for ONE MONTH of service! They screwed everything up: overcharged for the DTV box, overcharged for installation, charged for all kinds of upgrades I never ordered, etc. It took 48 minutes on the phone to straighten it out. They only gave credit for about 1/3rd of what they said they would over the phone. The third month, the local rep came to my apartments and conducted an "audit" to see if anyone was stealing the TV. I was too new of a customer and didn't appear on his list of paid customers, so he cut my service off.

I called and they asked that I schedule a 4-hour time to have the tech come back and re-install the service.

Guess what? I was charged for that too, and then charged AGAIN for the box I had ALREADY paid for just 3 months ago.

I called to cancel service. Nope... not without a $300 cancellation fee.

THEN they kept billing me anyway! It never ended.

It's the only choice allowed at these apartments, and I would rather have no TV at all than DirecTV. That's how bad it is. I currently have no TV.

DIRECT TV HAS ME SO MAD & PISSED RIGHT NOW THAT I DONT THINK I CAN FINISH THIS COMMENT, BUT AM GOING TO TRY.I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH DIRECT TV AS THE BOX IN MY LIVING ROOM TO THE MAIN TV WASNT WORKING & I CALLED DIRECT & AFTER BEING ON THE PHONE OF 45 MIN, OF SUPERVISOR DAVE?

AMBER? ONLY GOT MORE UPSET & IF THEY WOULD OF COME FACE TO FACE WITH ME LIKE A CONSIDERATE & FAITHFUL CO., WOULD OF, I WOULDNT OF BE THIS UPSET, I FEEL THEY DO THIS JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO OFFICE, ONLY AIR & TREAT US LIKE WE ARE "AIR HEADS" & WE ARE IF WE CONTINUE TO PAY & NOT RECEIVE GREAT SERVICES AS WE ARE PAYING FOR. DIRECT TV WANTED $49 TO COME OUT TO MY HOME TO EXCHANGE OUT A BAD BOX WHEN IT WAS ONLY 6 MOS, OLD... SAD HUH???

I DID EVERYTHING TO TRY TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER & THEY DIDNT CARE WHO OR WHAT I WAS, BLACK OR WHITE, MAN OR ANIMAL DYING, THEY CHECKED TO C IF MY ACCOUNT WAS PD, (WHICH IT WAS), THEY THEY MADE AN APPT, FOR ME ON 3/29/2010 AT 9:00am & SAID "SEE U" PLS, HAVE $49 READY FOR THE DRIVER DELIVERING A NEW BOX....

I WANT OUT OF THIS 1 YR CONTRACT & CANT UNTIL 6/2010, I HATE DIRECT TV...PLEASE EVERYONE HEAR MY PLEA & DONT GET SUCKED INTO FALSE TALES OF DIRECT TV...*** & THANXS FOR LISTENING JOYCE KINSELLA