Bellevue, Washington

Signed up for new Satellite TV service through Direct TV in West Richland WA. I was promised $34 per month on the phone, the service was installed at my home two days later, and then I started receiving bills for $69.99 per month.

Direct TV has refused to honor their promised price, has overcharged me for the service, will not refund the overcharges, and has refused to cancel the service unless they imposed a very large early cancellation fee. Their manager also told me that their contract does not tell you when they will give you the promised discount!!!

These guys are crooks. I would think twice about doing business with Direct TV! There are much better services available.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Service.

Comments

What they do is make the deal seem like its all being done on the telephone. So they basically tell you whatever you need to hear on the fine points to get you to sign up etc.

The real deal takes place when the instalation crew comes out. The paperwork they have you sign is not to say they hooked it up like the instalation crew leads you to believe, its the actual contract your signing locking you into a nbunch of nonsense that wasnt truly revealed in the sales call.

Understand that if you sign up for any promo of any kind you are signing up for 2 years. The 2nd year is at full price. If you are renting a place this is a big deal considering your lease is probably 12 months. Of course you can move your service from ne location to another but be VERY careful as this is when you sign some more paperwork that isnt being properly explained.

SAY BETTY WHAT,S UP WITH YOU WHY ARE YOU ON LINE .THE LIFE, THAT YOU LOOKING FOR IS NOT ON HERE .WE ARE CONSUMERS WHOM HAVE APROPLEM WITH DIRECT TV .BATTY ON LINE CALLING PEOPLE. DUMMIES.SURVEY TAKER YOUR,LL TRYING TO HARD FOR DIRECT TV.POINTS GAIN 0-------------.

BATTY I MISS SPELL SOME WORDS DO WHAT YOU DO BEST .FIND DO SEE WHAT ISEE DIRECT TV .PS BATTY THERE FREE GAMES ON LINE ENJOY. SOME RELAX YOUR BRAIN HA HA .WHEN YOU SEE KENNY TELL HIM HI THE COMPANY MAN .HAVE A GOOD DAY BATTY I MEAN BITTY OH IMEAN.HENGRY .HELP ME ON OUR WORD SEARCH SINCE YOU GIVE GOOD ADVICE DUMMIE----------

read the fine print dummies !!!!!! no judge is going to do anything when he reads the fine print

You mighgt also want to consider a small claims court action against Direct TV for fraud and breach of contract. Just tell the judge what you were promised, show the contract that was given to you after the dish was installed, and explain what Direct TV has done and how much you have been overcharged. I think the judge would be very sympathetic.

Good Luck

Make sure to file your complaints with the state's Attorney General's Office. A Law Suit is pending against Direct TV in Washington State for the same deceptive activities.

Often when one state files a formal suit against a company, other AG offices with complaints will also file. There are enough angry consumers out there that can make this happen.

same situation for us also. I signed up with direct tv and was peomised a lower price, they explained how to do the rebate process I went through with the rebate process and 5 months later i am still being billed for the higher price I am not getting the promotion price as i was promised.

I called direct tv several times regarding this matter and they are willing to do nothing.

I am stuck paying this price or I have to pay the early cancellation fee. I am so mad and advise not to go with direct tv.

I had a similar experience - I was told one price, but was billed another. I was told I needed to apply for a rebate (first I heard of it).

When I applied, it said it would take 6-8 weeks to process. Bottom line, I would be paying the higher price til it kicked in.

This was confirmed by the customer service rep.

I'm not a happy camper. Not a happy camper - I regret signing up up with these folks.