1.1K views

We had our Direct TV installed 3 years ago. when he came I was expecting a Direct TV van with a man in uniform so when I see a man with grubby clothes and dread locks down his back in an unmarked car I was surprised. After an hour of him being at the house, he came to the door ( I thought he was going to say he was finished) he told me it was going to cost $200 for installation! I told him it was free installation, he got nasty so I called my brother and my brother came, the guy explained to him what he needed that supposedly cost $200, my brother laughed and left to only be back 15 minutes later with a ground pole for $5.99.

After 10 hours at the house and no service I told him he had to leave and I'd call Direct TV, 5 minutes after he left we got hooked up ourselves.

The next morning while on the phone with DirectTV-getting nowhere, he is at my door, wanting money again, he would not get of my property(he was deathly afraid of my harmless great dane) so I let my dog out!- I thought that would be the last I'd see of the man.

3 years have gone by and I just recieved a nasty harrassing letter from him, just to know he still knows my address is very scary.

Review about: Directv Installation.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

#190870

I work for direct tv and I can say for a fact that if a person in there own car and not in a direct tv uniform then they are just a contractor for direct tv and have not been fully trained due to the laws and contracts that have to be followed.they are held up to the same standered as actually employees that wear the uniform proudly and drive the van all over the state proudly.

If there is custom labor on a house then yes there is a slight charge but I can gurantee you that it isnt $200 for a pole mount. If you are not happy with the service that you recived then you are more then welcome to call and voice your complaints just make sure that you get your techs name they are suppose to show you there id card at least three times while at your house. Direct tv them selves do a very extensive background check on there techs.

Direct tv is all about making the customer happy if you aint happy we aint happy.I am sorry that you had a bad experiance with us but I can gurantee that as an employee of direct tv will not treat you like that.

to Direct Tv Tech Atlanta, Georgia, United States #948262

I'm a directv subcontractor we have to comply to all rules an regulations like in-house techs

to Direct Tv Tech Buford, Georgia, United States #994161

Dont ever thonk that you as an employee are even remotely trained as much as subcontractors are.We have been going behind (you professional in house) guys for years fixing all your very very bad installs and upgrades.

As a matter of fact, most of your installs are totally ***.

To the cx that had a bad experience, i am sorry.98% of us subcontracors are very professional and hold ourselves to very high personal standard

I work for Direct TV.I must say that they dig into your back ground when they do a back ground check.

At first i was upset that it was taking them so long to get back with me on my back ground even though i knew there was nothing on it that would stop me from being hired. After i was hired i realized that them digging into our back ground was a good thing because you as a customer doesn't know anything about me as you let me into your house. We also go through a 5 week training course before we are sent out on our own route and not to mention we are always training and re training.

Direct tv does offer you a free BASIC installation. But when a tech has to do custom work on your house to get the install done then it will cost you some money.

the pole might have cost you 5.99, but you didn't factor in the price of the tech digging a 3 foot ditch and placing cement in there so yes the tech will charge you more than what the pole cost.

I am sorry that he contacted you again and he should be fired for that.

Trust me when i say this, there are some techs out there that take pride in their job and will treat every install as it is their own house.I train a lot of techs out in the field and that is one of the first things i tell them before we even get to the first install.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #84099

Direct TV

Corporate Office

Ms. Ellen Filipiak

Sr. VP, Customer Care

2230 East Imperial Highway

El Segundo, CA 90245

Direct TV "hides" this address but I found it! Bombard Ms. Filipiak with your complaints! Maybe, just maybe, they will realize JUST HOW BAD their service is and make changes. They hire and train people to be TOTALLY INCOMPETENT and then tie to you exorbitant contracts when they fail to provide the type of service that is expected.

If the industries won't police themselves, we, as consumers, have an obligation to. Also, contact your local Consumer Protection Agency (listed on County Gov't websites) with your complaints. These "monopolies" are ILLEGAL and the Consumer has to stand up for their rights.

to skurno #748255

wow skurno, your an ***!doing that will do nothing!!!.

heres some real advice find your paperwork that the bad tech gave to you. becouse he was a subcontractor witch means he works for a local company some were near you and that info will be on the paper work he gave you. if not go to cabl.com and ask in the forums were the company in your area is located, then go tell them.

thats the only way your going to get anything done.good luck