Beware.Direct TV is running a scam on their billing for NFL Ticket.

When I signed up for Direct TV they said I was getting NFL Ticket free for one year. I told them I wasn't interested and didn't want it, but they said it was part of the "free" package. Then, I got a bill for the NFL Ticket package after the season started this year. The moment I received the bill I called to cancel that package.

They said I couldn't cancel the package because the season had already started. I'm not interested in the NFL and never have watched a game on the NFL Ticket. Even after talking to 5 people at Direct TV they wouldn't accept my request to cancel NFL Ticket.

Anyone else that is being SCAMMED by Direct TV should do what I'm doing.Write a complaint letter to the Federal Trade Commission and send a copy of the letter to the Public Utility Commission in your state, the city manager in the town where you live, Consumers Report magazine, the CEO of Costco, and DISH TV and Infinity (Comcast).

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

I hate directv.The only reason I kept it so long is to watch Linktv.

When I cancelled my service they told me there was an almost 200 dollar charge for cancelling ("breaking contract.") The problem is, I signed up for a 2 year contract and that was 3 and a half years ago! Go figure. They are calling me now to ask for the money and the guy on the phone told me to look for their email on the Contact US part of their website. Trouble is now, I still can't find it.

I refuse to pay.

You should to.FYI - Same thing happened to a friend!

I hate directv.The only reason I kept it so long is to watch Linktv.

I refuse to pay.

You should to.FYI - Same thing happened to a friend!

I had the exact same thing happen. They are a bunch of crooks.

Wow same story I was offered one year free nfl Sunday ticket and was told to cancel after season was over so it would not automatically start billing me for following season. Funny thing is they still went ahead and charged me for the 2012 season without my concent or permission. Also they were very rude and lack customer service skills!

Some good news. After I filled out Direct TV's customer service response survey threatening with my exposing their scam, they called me and took care of the problem (after much going back and forth).

Of course you have a reasonto review your bills. Do not be lazy....open your email and review YOUR BILLS. It is your responsibility to keep track of your money and your services

Same thing happened to me.They said they sent a notice out on the June or July bills.

The problem with that is I get my bills on line (at their request) and they are automatically paid (at their request) from my bank, so I have no reason to open the email bills when they come. I talked with 3 people at Direct and they said there is no way to cancel the NFL ticket, but they did offer other discounts.

The cost of the NFL ticket was way more than the discounts they offered.I told them I was very disappointed with the way this was handled, but I don't think they care how I feel.

The same exact thing happened to me with NFL Sunday Ticket. It's ridiculous...

DirectTV has been doing this and getting away with it for many years.I am hoping one of these organizations gets back in touch with you but the BBB gets so many complaints they do not even bother answering.you might want to get in touch with your state representative and senator.

it seems none of our officials sees this as a problem and continues to let them get away with the many scams they pull on customers.I wish you the best