FYI - All of Direct TV's HR-20/21 model HDTV DVR receivers are defective.Customer service will lie and decive the user about this, but I found out the truth - ALL are unstable and contain program bugs.

The company is working on a downloadable software fix but NO date. They will do what they can to keep you from knowning this and will send you a remanufactured defective reciver. While you can ususally watch HD, you won't be able to record it. I called for weeks and was endlessly told to reset the box, got a replacement receiver, upconverters, endless tech instructions.

But it was all while DIRECT TV knew that ALL recivers were defective. They said "A new dowload was coming" and asked what time zone I was in and that it was coming soon. NO. There is no current download.

They have NO idea when there will be one.

Review about: Directv Receiver.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Directv - Cable Installation Review Directv "Direct TV claims that if an installer installs cable and damages your home they are not liable. They first try to say if you rent to someone, the renter said..." Read more DIRECTV SUCKS SINCE ATT ACQUISITION Directv "I have had nothing but one problem after another since ATT bought them. Their bills are unpredictable. Need to leave auto-pay to get a hold of what they are doing..." Read more DirecTV employee illegal trespass on my roof and put safety and security in jeopardy of all tenants Directv "On Friday evening a DirecTV employee accessed my roof and trespassed illegally. There were a total of 6 signs that this technician ignored. Not only did he set off the..." Read more Directv - Billing more than original agreement. Directv "Charging more than original move-in special agreed to in November 2016. Spoke with customer service multiple times (a lot of hours). In January after being transferred multiple times, I spoke..." Read more Whirlpool - Really upset can't believe product last only 2 years Whirlpool "2 days ago my cabrio washer machine stop working. Was washing some clothes the machine start making this weird loud noise and had some weird smell i notice today the..." Read more Tbdress - Don't Buy from TB Dress!! Tbdress "I made the terrible mistake of purchasing two dresses for my daughter's wedding from TB Dress. When they arrived one had a broken zipper, the other did not fit correctly..." Read more Lazboy - Extremely poor La-z-boy customer service Lazboy "We purchased two chairs ($1500 each) at the Frisco TX store - 8294 TX-121, Frisco, TX 75034. There was poor workmanship in sewing the fabric darts on the arms leaving..." Read more Morgan Properties - Vineland Village in Vineland NJ Morgan Properties "We moved in August 8 we moved from Oklahoma for our job. I went on line to look for places to live which I always do since we are in..." Read more