A year after I had cancelled services with Direct TV I received a letter from a collection agency for a $407.73 bill I did not know I owed.When I investigated it took many phone calls to just find a way to dispute the charges, which was not through their simple dispute form & instead by writing to their collections department.

They accused me of never having called to cancel, which I did, and I could even relate some of what the Direct TV rep said on the phone. They were also accusing me of terminating a contract early because my DVR had broken and they had sent me a replacement. No one ever told me the replacement was accompanied by a new contract. I had been with them for 8 years.

I wrote them a 4 1/2 page letter and they didn't even respond to it. Instead, they wrote to the collection agency and did not reduce the amount they claimed I owed by even one cent! While investigating this situation to find out what this bill was pertaining to, Century Link, who was the biller, told me that even if I had not called to cancel, Century Link would have told them when I cancelled my Century Link bundle. It's a big scam.

We need government regulations on at least Direct TV. Shame on them! The people I spoke with on the phone at Direct TV were rude except for 2 who felt sorry for me and they were all very inefficient.

At least I hoped it was a matter of inefficiency but instead, it appears that Direct TV tells their employees to lie to and cheat their customers.How awful.

Review about: Directv Customer Care.

Reason of review: Poor customer service, order processing issue, pricing issue, problems with payment, return, exchange, or cancellation policy, and more.

Preferred solution: Have already contacted DirectTV--they don't care.

I didn't like: Immorality-unethical-scam artists-predators.

Had an Experience with Directv?

Comments

Double billed me for early termination fee, then instead of returning the charge to my credit card,they sent me a debit card that I can't pay my credit card with. Buyer beware